"Highest level of education completed"

dude1978

Hi all,

Filling out the FAA app today. I have been out of highschool for 12 years. In that time, I have been to 4 colleges, earned almost 146 credit hours (as of July 3rd) and have yet to finish school. (Thank you airline industry for all of the job related moves!)

I hope to finish school next May but will gladly leave to join the FAA.

I guess the correct answer to the question "Highest level of ed. completed" is "highschool/ged" and fill out all of the college info anyway.

Anyone else in this boat? Did you put just highschool completed and add your college experience? Did you still get an invite?

Thanks!

If you've never actually completed a college degree, I would say that your highest level is high school/GED, then fill out the college information so they see that you have 146 credits but no degree yet. I only say this because I would be worried that they would see it as you giving them false information and that's a million times worse than just showing them that you haven't finished your degree, but you're working towards it.

No worries. You've obviously got plenty of work experience outside of high school. I've got a buddy in class that was in the same boat as you...so close to finishing, but decided to stop short to accept the job.

Thanks for the quick responses. I put down the 'highschool' response and then showed the college. I could actually only show three colleges! So it appears I 'only' have 112 credit hours!

Thanks for the quick responses. I put down the 'highschool' response and then showed the college. I could actually only show three colleges! So it appears I 'only' have 112 credit hours!

I had a similar problem. I've been to five colleges, so I omitted the credit section altogether (they're not marked with a "*") and wrote at the bottom something along the lines of, "graduating '09" and my cumulative GPA, for good measure.

There was also a question in another section, asking you outright how many years of school you've completed, so I figure they'll look at that...I hope.

They need to work out a better system - the word limits are really restricting, too.

I believe the wording on the PUBNAT application I filled out said something to the effect of "Do you have a combination of college and work experience adding up to three years?" and I think there was something else asking if I had a 2/4 year college degree OR how many years I had leading to the degree.

Having graduated 12 years ago, are you still within the age limit guidelines?

BARELY squeaking by. I have a late birthday so I am turning 30 next Sunday. I'd love to finally finish college but if I get in, I won't be able to. I just figure given the amount of time it has historically taken to go from app to OKC, this is my last chance to apply.

sub-stdrd phrsology girl:
Thanks. I was relieved when I saw that question. When I first posted, I was just filling out general info for my profile. I didn't even realize there were additional questions once I clicked 'apply'.

App is in, we'll see what happens! :D

BARELY squeaking by. I have a late birthday so I am turning 30 next Sunday. I'd love to finally finish college but if I get in, I won't be able to. I just figure given the amount of time it has historically taken to go from app to OKC, this is my last chance to apply.

sub-stdrd phrsology girl:
Thanks. I was relieved when I saw that question. When I first posted, I was just filling out general info for my profile. I didn't even realize there were additional questions once I clicked 'apply'.

App is in, we'll see what happens! :D

Right now, I wouldn't say you can't finish college if you're hired... things are still moving very slowly with these applications, so keep doing your thing and don't give up on that idea quite yet. Depending on when they get to these applications, you still may be able to graduate before going off to OKC.

I believe you have to have your FOL by the time you leave OKC and haven't reached the age of 31. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Your fine. I have attended 3 colleges with a total of around 125 but no diploma. I put HS grad but listed my credits and work experience (5 years) and was selected. My experience has nothing to do with the airline industry

Is there a minimum age requirment? I read in another thread that someone was 19.

one of the trainees at boston center that i worked with was 19. i never really got around to asking her how she was so young. she was pretty easy on the eyes too :buck:

iirc, she quit and went up to maine to run a trailer park her parents owned :laff:

I believe you have to have your FOL by the time you leave OKC and haven't reached the age of 31. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

I believe you have to receive a TOL by your 31st birthday. They gave me my TOL a week before I turned 31. I made sure to give them a heads up on my age expiration at the interview though.

Is there a minimum age requirment? I read in another thread that someone was 19.

im 17 and going through the process taking my AT-SAT next week. The minimum is you have to be 18years old to be licensed as a air traffic controller Trainee.. meaning after the acadamy. That info is in the FAA Manual.

Yup. You have to get your FOL and be at OKC before your 31 birthday.

I sent this question via email yesterday to confirm, as I am approaching the cut off age (less than 6 months). Here's what I got back...

"The Tentative Offer Letter must be dated prior to the applicant's 31st birthday. This basically "freezes" the applicant's age until he/she enters on duty. Hope this answers your question."

Back