Hey dudes...

Rat,

Call marketing...they'll give you good figures...I know guys who are under the quoted cost....that's right...under!

I am figuring on +10% and hope to be pleasantly suprised!

Chunk

Chunk-

I’ve been following your posts for quite a while now, & I ask you to please keep it up! Even though I am almost finished my training at the world’s recognized leader in flight training, I need validation of my choice to attend FlightSafety in the form of your posts. Your commentary on your experience at FlightSafety is beneficial to all of us who are living (or in my case reliving) out our fantasies of flight.

Here are my requests for your divinely inspired knowledge:

1. At the FlightSafety Café, should I get the special or order a la carte? I realize the special is quicker & cheaper, but potential employers might recognize & be impressed by my decision making skills in ordering a la carte.
2. After checking the landing gear on the Seminole, I often have black grease/grime marks on the back of my uniform shirt from the open engine cowlings (this was more common with the old Seminole than the new), do you have any suggestions on keeping my whites their whitest?
3. As I come to the end of my training, I have my first job offer: as a greeter at Wal-Mart. Should I take this opportunity to interact with the public & work on my inter-personal relationship skills, or hold out for a more technically oriented job assembling Big Mac’s at the local McDonalds?

I will check back on the board every fifteen minutes throughout the day (except for when Discovery Wings Channel is showing “Fasten Your Seatbelts, Please”) to benefit from your insight.

Thanks,
‘naut <----your original groupie!

I couldn't resist.... can't help you with the Wal-Mart vs. McDs, but on the landing gear checks, throw a towel on the ground, lay on that, then check the gear. One of those little roller carts is good too, especially in wet weather. Grease on the shirts is hell on the interior, especially the new ones.

Otherwise, learn to duck, man!

Fly SAFE!
Jedi Nein

Hey guys

Welcome to FSI and Vero beach...I'd get the CR3(wizwheel) it will save alot of time and frustration.

Tony

'nein-

Can't you recognize humor/sarcasm? Don't tell me the "Jedi mind trick" works on you. But then, I am responding to someone who calls himself "Jedi" & quotes from "Star Wars." As Chewbaca (sp?) would say, "Aaaarrrraaaagggghhh!"

'naut <---Has not seen a "Star Wars" movie that didn't have Mark Hamil in a starring role.

Veronaut

I'm pulling yer leg right back.

And it's MS. Jedi to you (and everyone else).

Where's that lightsabre when you need one?

Fly SAFE!
Jedi Nein

Yo Naut,

‘naut <----your original groupie!

Hey dose this, also make you, the president of his fan club? /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif ......what are the membership requirements? ;D

TT on JC Forums?
Cases of Diet Cokes ?

And on that note, make sure that you keep the bar stacked up with enough diet coke's and pbr's to keep chunk and baronman happy.

Best Regards,
Heat2151

Hey there jarhead,

Dontcha know? The world hates a smartass! /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

Chunk

PS--Let me bask in my glory for at least a week before calling me a dork...I've been waiting a long time to transition from the question guy to the answer guy....

Oh....and btw...

Wal-Mart isn't hiring for the time being, I hear they've got a pool. The only way to get in is to pay for their greeter rating class...you pay $10K for the *opportunity* to greet 15 hours a day. Then, you get canned when your contract runs out. Oh, and you don't really get to greet, just stand next to the real greeter and hand him stickers to give to little kids. It's loggable as SGIC time.

Chunk <---what was I saying about smartasses?

PS--This is my 500th post. Sad, really.

Chunk-

Bravo on the "Wal-Mart gouge!" That was pretty witty. And my apologies to "Ms." Jedi, for mistaking her for a member of the unfairer sex, but when I think of Star Wars "groupies" I can only picture the 'Comic Book Guy' from the Simpsons. Oh well...so much for profiling.

'naut

"Apology accepted, Captain Veronaut."

It only took 3 years to get rid of the "geek white" appearance after quitting the computer career. If you didn't know your Star Wars and Star Trek lore, then you could not find the files you needed on the servers. Star Wars covered all UNIX boxes, Star Trek all DOS/WIndows machines. Tatooine and Dagobah were email servers. Borg covered the delete and restore programs.

$150,000 a year if you could program a web site... I don't miss it.

How much time is required before one can upgrade to a Wal-Mart cashier?

Fly SAFE!
Jedi Nein

Not to mix Star Trek and Star Wars, Jedi, but your avatar looks like Beverly Crusher from Star Trek holding a light saber!

What's up with that?

Chunk<---He's bbaaaacccckk!

"Now back to our regularly scheduled program" /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif

Hey Chunk,

Did you move in to the apartment yet? or are you still waiting?

Best Regards,
Heat2151

Yeah, but I have no furniture except an air mattress and a card table. Sux. The military is taking their dear sweet time with my stuff.

Most of the apt. is 18X18 white ceramic tile. Unfortunately, the psycho maid the apartment complex sent over used bleach to clean with and stripped the sealant off. We'll see if my landlord (former FSI student) will step up to the plate and have it redone. The jury is still out on whether the Pines of Vero gets the Official Chunk Seal of Approval. Maybe if you all call him and tell him to fix Chunk's apt or you won't rent here, he'll get the msg!

Chunkage /ubbthreads/images/icons/smirk.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

I talked to that guy when I was checking the place out too. Did you ever get the story on how he wound up managing an apartment complex after going to FSI?

Hey Chunk,

Send me the guy's number and I'll see what I can do. /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif

Man there's a career move from FSI to landlord?? Since this guy, was part of the family, maybe he can cut you some slack on the rent /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif

Best Regards,
Heat2151

The landlord/FSI student was hurt in a bad car accident so he stopped training. In the meanwhile, he works here. Who knows?

All I know is my tiles need resealing and about 20 other things need to be done too. He was all promises until the rent check was cut, then it was Chunk-who?

Grrrrrr.

"He was all promises until the rent check was cut, then it was Chunk-who?"

You sound surprised? This is soooo common down here. Customer service is out the window when you step into Fl. (FSI not included)

Back