Helicopters Over DC Protesters Broke Regulations While Commander was Driving Home, DC Guard Concludes

We are the tactical technical experts, designed to keep commanders out of hot water. ;)

Exactly. Which is why this confuses me:

Tell me which “law” was broken. Please provide me with what the Geneva accords say about Medevac aircraft, where and when those accords apply, and the process in which military pilots fly, which regulations we fall under.

I guess I don't see the point in bringing up Geneva when they don't apply and we have our own very restrictive regulations on the use of Medevac aircraft.

Those pictures show the helicopters did their intended job, don’t they? :eek:

I'm so glad that those "peaceful" protestors didn't laser any of the aircraft, oh wait...
I'm also glad those "peaceful" protestors didn't take shots at NG helicopters. Oh wait...

I'm so glad that I've carried dead soldiers home who fought for these a-holes to have the right to PEACEFULLY ASSEMBLE, only to be lasered, and shot at here in the US. I'm also extremely happy that we have had to come up with procedures to circumvent the FAR's in order to keep the crews safe from LITERAL attacks from fellow countrymen.

Guy, you are willfully ignorant of what we as National Guard pilots do. It is not like 91, 135 or 121. I have asked you several times what regulations were busted, and you had no idea what it takes to "dispatch" a flight. Ian had to state it, but that was lost on you. You don't like the optics: got it. We operate in area's well removed from your comfortable 737.

You think it is OK to 'fight' your fellow citizens protesting civil rights deficiencies with your national asset. It isn't. It also goes beyond 'optics'. You want to be there engaging the protestors. They just want all to be able to live peacefully in this county without systemic racism in our institutions.

Should they shine a laser or shoot at NG helicopters (highly doubt the shots taken during the protests at the helicopters)? No.

But the National Guard Helicopters shouldn't be there either. It exacerbates the situation more than it helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Seggy can I get your cell number? You clearly have a grasp on the situations we fly in. I’ll call you to get briefed and approved before my next flight.

Nark is why so many people hate the military. Hundreds of thousands of amazing people serving their country and their fellow citizens, but a few bad apples like this guy taint the whole thing.

Nark is why so many people hate the military. Hundreds of thousands of amazing people serving their country and their fellow citizens, but a few bad apples like this guy taint the whole thing.
Todd, I don’t serve so I can gain accolades from the likes of you or Mark, or anyone.
I’m going to wallow all day today, knowing you and Mark don’t care for me.

Some of you are reacting to this like it was a modern day Mỹ Lai. Nobody told them to make gun runs on the protesters. If anything I think our discussion here illustrates 1) how little the general public knows about the National Guard and 2) how murky the lines can become. As these folks have written before, at the unit level, the crews are far removed from the coordination. This investigation is pretty high profile. We’ll know who said what and when after it’s done.

For what it’s worth, using military aircraft for law enforcement is nothing new. Read up on JTF-6 and the Reconnaissance and Aerial Interdiction Detachments (RAID).

Why are you like this? You take so much to the theater of the absurd its like you wallow around in it. Do you live in a fantasy world when not working? What delusions do you suffer from?
I suffer from the delusion that, in spite of not liking me, there are people mature enough on this web forum to see that there are people with experience outside their own.

I suffer from the delusion that, in spite of not liking me, there are people mature enough on this web forum to see that there are people with experience outside their own.

There are very few mature people on this web forum. This year has been eye opening. Next year will be more so.

Hadn't really seen a video, but wasn't it a MEDEVAC helo? Also, My Lai. Wouldn't a better comparison be Mogadishu?

Back to DSCA school for those involved.

Don't leave the aircrews to hang...the leadership need to understand those request procedures CLEARLY before the assignment of resources

Luuuuv to see how the IG reports lays it out...............

Back