Heard you guys...

jhugz

Guppy gear swinger
...cant do multi-engine failures at night anymore. Good thing engine failures will never happen at night, it's statistically impossible. :face palm:

gu_20100326.jpg

I start multi engine training this fall....but haven't heard anything about that yet

I still have access to TCO's and the new one shows no single engine stuff during any of the night lessons. Unless its a new policy somewhere, ask your instructor to add that into your lesson.

Multi engine training at night? What's the point of putting yourself in an unnecessarily dangerous situation for training?

Multi engine training at night? What's the point of putting yourself in an unnecessarily dangerous situation for training?
...to train you for when your engine fails at night? I pulled engines on my single engine students at night as well as my multi students. But, if it's just a TCO change instead of a policy change I can't see anything wrong with it--the TCO is just the bare minimum required for the lesson anyways.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

That's why I pulled engines on my students under the hood. I never did goofy unsafe things like stopping engines from windmilling (singles) or doing spins to lose attitude, and I never lost a student. Aviation is dangerous enough, we don't need to push the envelope in training.

Reactions: Jet
I still have access to TCO's and the new one shows no single engine stuff during any of the night lessons. Unless its a new policy somewhere, ask your instructor to add that into your lesson.
It's probably gonna have to be, all my flights are scheduled at night :\

Also the damn POH is 50 bucks and I cannot find any used online or anywhere :(

It's probably gonna have to be, all my flights are scheduled at night :\

Also the damn POH is 50 bucks and I cannot find any used online or anywhere :(

I may have my old that I could sell you if you want a cheap one. PM if you are interested.

Are they enforcing flying at your launch time all the time now? I'm sure you don't want to do your first lesson in the plane at night.

I may have my old that I could sell you if you want a cheap one. PM if you are interested.

Are they enforcing flying at your launch time all the time now? I'm sure you don't want to do your first lesson in the plane at night.
From what I've heard they are still short on MEIs and he said they are trying to make people stick to launch times because of that. Mine is at 1930 so maybe still light now but as we get closer to winter that will go away. PMd

Without looking at the TCO, I don't see what would prevent anyone from doing this on a lesson that just happens to be scheduled at night (not necessarily a lesson that requires night). Unless there's a policy strictly forbidding it...

Without looking at the TCO, I don't see what would prevent anyone from doing this on a lesson that just happens to be scheduled at night (not necessarily a lesson that requires night). Unless there's a policy strictly forbidding it...
I asked my instructor about it today, asked if we could we still do it even though it is not in the TCO, said no, management is not wanting it for safety reasons

I'm pretty sure they didn't make it a policy, just took it out of the TCO, because if you screw it up they aren't liable for it.

Back