Hear Ye Hear Ye! Introducing for the first time....

@Cav How did you completely goof the shot man? Did you flip the phone upside down or did you just accidentally edit it upside down?!?

It's looks normal on my phone and in my post. When I view it on my home computer it's upside down. Who knows the whole tech thing is tough for Maddog guys.

I've got to admit I got used to them a little too quickly. Toga's are in the wrong place (RJ'ism) but that's easily forgivable.

Everyone does. The Airbus was the first airplane I flew with them and honestly I used them too much. I like that the MD88 forces me to turn them off more than other airplanes. It's an easy skill to dull if you aren't careful.

Last edited:
Everyone does. The Airbus was the first airplane I flew with them and honestly I used them too much. I like the MD88 forces me to turn them off more than other airplanes. It's an easy skill to dull if you aren't careful.

Turbojet power setting decision model goes something like this (my experience), are you above 20k? Yes- Set 85% then adjust.
No? Set 62%- are you at 250knts? No- then set 70%.
But my flaps are out and the gear's down and I'm on the ILS... set 62%
But I'm on the go around cleaning up still and trying to maintain 3k and the speed is increasing! Set 62%
But the engine failed and I'm about to start down the ILS with my single engine flap setting and the gear is coming down, set 85%, and when you intercept, set 62%.

Turbojet power setting decision model goes something like this (my experience), are you above 20k? Yes- Set 85% then adjust.
No? Set 62%- are you at 250knts? No- then set 70%.
But my flaps are out and the gear's down and I'm on the ILS... set 62%
But I'm on the go around cleaning up still and trying to maintain 3k and the speed is increasing! Set 62%
But the engine failed and I'm about to start down the ILS with my single engine flap setting and the gear is coming down, set 85%, and when you intercept, set 62%.
I must be doing it wrong. I just move the little lever things until my speed is where I want it!

I completely agree re power settings but there's no way you are going to convince me that you're muscle memory and recognition is as sharp when you constantly ride the autothrottles.

Back