HAWAIIAN AIRLINES ASSISTANT DISPATCHER OPENING

hqdefault.jpg
Lol I exactly was thinking about that meme

I have a friend who recently moved to Hawaii as a means of re-booting her life. We've spoken quite extensively about life on the island. She spent about 3 years researching and learning about life in Hawaii, and saving money. The long and the short of it is that life there is different. If you go to Hawaii, you do so because you want to embrace the Hawaiian lifestyle and culture. If you go to Hawaii and bring mainland attitudes, you're going to have difficulty relating to the native Hawaiians.

I've been to Hawaii quite a bit - the airline job has helped in this regard - and spent some time on all four major islands. I own a timeshare on Maui. All this being said, I don't think I'd want to live there permanently. Partly this is because while I enjoy it for a week or two at a time, I'm not a true beach person. Living there would be a lot different than vacationing there. However, I have to admit the thought of no cold winters is a tempting one.

Posting without DX:

"If you go there with mainland attitudes," is a great quote, and a great way to describe the islands. They really are a unique lifestyle, totally different from "going to the beach" as @manniax suggests. I'm definitely going back, but again: only as a tourist.

I write the dispatchers schedules here at Hawaiian and can tell you there is PLENTY OF OT for the assistants, relief and line dispatchers

Can you speak to the average time it takes to upgrade from Assistant to full Dispatcher?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: JTR
Can you speak to the average time it takes to upgrade from Assistant to full Dispatcher?

6-12 months on average. we're steadily expanding and we're getting B787's in 2021 so new hires more than likely will not be assistants for more than a year.

They were pulling resumes last week, I know that. Judging by last round they do internal first then move to external.

Back