HAWAIIAN AIRLINES ASSISTANT DISPATCHER OPENING

2f6.png

So, are you an assistant dispatcher during training and then promoted to dispatcher after training (with somewhat livable pay at that point)? Or is this it and you move up later?

So, are you an assistant dispatcher during training and then promoted to dispatcher after training (with somewhat livable pay at that point)? Or is this it and you move up later?
Most majors you will be an assistant for up to a year. Then after a Comp check you're "flying solo" as a regular dispatcher

It depends on if there's a Dispatcher position for you to upgrade to. You'll stay an assistant till... the company opens a new dispatcher slot or if someone vacates their dispatcher slot, ex. retire/fire/quits. To be honest, most assistants stay assistants for a couple months tops and get upgrading way quicker than expected.

What's the pay for an assistant dispatcher and what's the pay once you get upgraded to a dispatcher?

What's the pay for an assistant dispatcher and what's the pay once you get upgraded to a dispatcher?
According to the contract an assistant, with a license, makes 78% of dispatchers pay, I believe the assistants make roughly 22.39 currently plus a dollar an hour for holding a license.

28.70 Is first year pay on the scale. According to the contract, 78% is the 22.39 I mentioned. The assistant won't be paid that 28.70 till a slot opens up.

Wow, that's ridiculous then. They flat out say "In conjuction with the Collective Bargaining Agreement, the pay for this position is $28.70 per hour" on the post and make no mention of the 78% you mention. When you consider $65k a year is considered low income for a single person in Honolulu and $28.70 is roughly $59k a year...that's just insulting. You literally live in extreme poverty, only to be promoted to still living in poverty.

Wow, that's ridiculous then. They flat out say "In conjuction with the Collective Bargaining Agreement, the pay for this position is $28.70 per hour" on the post and make no mention of the 78% you mention. When you consider $65k a year is considered low income for a single person in Honolulu and $28.70 is roughly $59k a year...that's just insulting. You literally live in extreme poverty, only to be promoted to still living in poverty.

I didn't notice the first time I looked at the posting that they listed that as the pay rate. That's a mistake for sure. Then again, I don't dispatch yet, I'm just an internal that's hoping to get in. I have a really good friend, in dispatch, that's been able to pass along a lot helpful information.

The pay offered is considered fortunate for locals... the cost of living here is high with few jobs that pay that amount.
I heard there's a few people that came over from the states and are able to make it work.

I have a former co-worker that is at HA. the starting salary stated above is correct.

Back