Having children?

[ QUOTE ]
Did I mention she hates to shop too?

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. You have yourself quite a wife. Now if all the others would take after her, the world would be a better place.
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
On the flip side - I've also seen many HAPPY couples gel even more after their first child is born. Having children is a blessing, no doubt, but it's going to amplfy why ever atmosphere already exists in the relationship.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is 100% true.
smile.gif
And as everybody has said don't ever think having a child will "fix" a broken relationship. If its not working move on and don't make another little human being have to deal with it the rest of their life.

I'm an FO at a regional and am happily married with a 9-month old. Speaking from experience it's definitely not as easy on the family as your typical 8-5 job, however it does have some advantages. Since I'm pretty junior I usually have to work weekends, usually it's leave early on Thursday and get home mid morning on Sunday. My wife arranged her schedule to work Sun, Mon, Wed, Fri. So usually we only need a baby-sitter for a day and a half each week! With the cost of day-care this is a tremendous help, and we both get to spend lots of time with our boy. It's funny because I get to spend more time with him than I get with my wife. We also get to do stuff as a family during the week when things aren't as crowded, and the airline I work for get's discounts as most of the major amusement parks, Sea World, Disney Land, etc, and not to mention free travel. So I think you just have to look at the positives and they probably equal or make up for the negatives of the job. Good luck, in your career goals!!

Back