H.R.3935 Passes the House

inwx_dxr

The following is in H.R.3935 that was voted on and passed by the House of Representatives. This still has to be voted on by the Senate and signed by President Biden.

My question is... Is the following only for part 121 carriers? Or would this include part 135 carriers as well? If part 135 carriers are included, a lot of changes would have to occur in my workplace, and it would be quite beneficial.

§ 44747. Aircraft dispatching

“(a) Aircraft Dispatching Certificate.—No person may serve as an aircraft dispatcher for an air carrier unless that person holds the appropriate aircraft dispatcher certificate issued by the Administrator of the Federal Aviation Administration.
“(b) Proof Of Certificate.—Upon the request of the Administrator or an authorized representative of the National Transportation Safety Board, or other appropriate Federal agency, a person who holds such a certificate, and is performing dispatching shall present the certificate for inspection.
“(c) Dispatch Centers And Flight Following Centers.—

“(1) ESTABLISHMENT.—Air carriers shall establish and maintain sufficient dispatch centers and flight following centers necessary to maintain operational control of each flight at all times.

“(2) REQUIREMENTS.—Air carrier dispatch centers and flight following centers shall—

“(A) have a sufficient number of aircraft dispatchers at dispatch centers and flight following centers to ensure proper operational control of each flight at all times;
“(B) have the equipment necessary and in good repair to maintain proper operational control of each flight at all times; and
“(C) include appropriate physical and cybersecurity protections, as determined by the Administrator.

“(3) LOCATION LIMITATION.—No air carrier may dispatch aircraft from any location other than the designated dispatch centers or flight following centers of such air carrier.

“(d) Emergency Authority For Remote Dispatching.—Notwithstanding subsection (c), an air carrier may dispatch aircraft from locations other than from designated dispatch centers or flight following centers for a limited period of time in the event of an emergency or other event that renders a center inoperable. An air carrier may not dispatch aircraft under the emergency authority under this subsection for longer than 30 consecutive days without the approval of the Administrator.”.

(c) Clerical Amendment.—The analysis for chapter 447 of title 49, United States Code, is further amended by adding at the end the following:

“44747. Aircraft dispatching. ”.

is this some kind of prank? Pretty sure that's already the law. 🤔
I'm just curious if it's only for 121 ops since it only mentions 'air carriers.' I work at a 91/91k/135 carrier with ops specs where the things listed in the bill would make dispatching a much better experience. The remote work restrictions are new for sure.

The remote section is already how it worked to begin with. I guess this is just codifying it in the regs and specifying it is for emergency use only?
Unless authorized by the administrator. I guess that leaves the option? Sounds like they just take the decision to FAA hq instead of the local cmo/poi?

Back