Guys who have college degrees+ ratings but no flying job, what do you do for income?

Hootie

Old Skool
I was just wondering what kind of jobs you have to pay the bills? How many hours a week? how much pay? I am especially curious about you guys who have degrees in Aero. Science? Currently I am waiting for my elbow to heal before leaving for ang training. I flight instruct avout 4 hours a month and I wait tables 30 hours a week.

[ QUOTE ]
Guys who have college degrees+ ratings but no flying job, what do you do

[/ QUOTE ] Eat more, sleep more, and watch more TV.
Doesn't sound so bad.

Software development seems somewhat common. How much education is required to make a descent income with that?

I have a flying job in which I rarely fly. Our airplane hasn't left the hangar in almost three weeks!

And yet, I'm on a one-hour callout on the beeper at all times! Therefore, I'm a professional JetCareers poster!

FL270

I sit in a cubicle from sun up to sun down, but come to think of it...........I have the degree and not the ratings. But I'm working on that.

[ QUOTE ]
Software development seems somewhat common. How much education is required to make a descent income with that?

[/ QUOTE ]

A BS in Computer Science does help a lot. Although, web-designing and development usually can be done by self-training.

My current flight instructor sold BMW's and Pontiac's for in between flying jobs.
crazy.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Certified athletic commissioner and NCAA level basketball referee.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hammer,
Thats pretty cool man. Do you ref a certain confrence? How long it take you to get to that level?

Software development consultant. The good thing is that I get to fly myself for business trips, so it is not a total loss.
smile.gif

Grayson

[ QUOTE ]
OUTBACK STEAKHOUSE....no rules....just right

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh no, if I'm ordering food bro, I want USDA and health code rules!

Should be "all rules....just right."
smile.gif

Back