Gulf Air - For low time pilots

I think there's a big typo that may be dissapointing a lot of us haha. On another part of the website - for the Ab-initio pilot - it says that along with the frozen atpl - you need to be a bahrain national. That's probably why they're weeding people out so quickly.

What are your qualifications?

Not the best but more than what they wanted. 300TT, 100ME, CMEL/IR. But I thought I'd give it a shot since I was British I'd stand more chance getting a job in Bahrain than the US at this time. It was only a shot in the dark but with only half a million people in Bahrain I can't see many of the millionaires that live there wanting to lower themselves to having to work.

I applied on Saturday which was there last day of the weekend got a response on Monday there second work day so they are clearly getting alot of applications.

Looks like they updated the website since this was first posted. Originally it didn't specify Bahrain Nationals. Sorry for the false alarm.

TP

lol, I guess they got a ton of international resumes...considering the new format of the page e.g.:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ab-Initio Pilots
The programme covers type rating training for owner state nationals who already have a Pilot's licence. When the course is complete the Pilots enter employment as Second Officers.
Eligibility
To be eligible to apply, the following criteria must be met:

• Be a national of Kingdom Of Bahrain
  • Be between 19 and 35 years of age
  • Be a high school graduate (science stream)
Additional requirements exist. For more details, refer to current positions.

lol, I guess they got a ton of international resumes...considering the new format of the page e.g.:

Ab-Initio Pilots
The programme covers type rating training for owner state nationals who already have a Pilot's licence. When the course is complete the Pilots enter employment as Second Officers.
Eligibility
To be eligible to apply, the following criteria must be met:

• Be a national of Kingdom Of Bahrain
  • Be between 19 and 35 years of age
  • Be a high school graduate (science stream)
Additional requirements exist. For more details, refer to current positions.

Looks like they simplified it even more today!

The people we are looking for are:

* Bahraini National;

* Less than 41 years of age;
* As a minimum you must have a Secondary School Diploma, or equivalent;
* Holders of a valid F/ATPL (JAA Equalivent) or a CPL issued by an ICAO contracting state; and
* Have the minimum required hours for a CPL/IR

Looks like they simplified it even more today!

The people we are looking for are:

* Bahraini National;

* Less than 41 years of age;
* As a minimum you must have a Secondary School Diploma, or equivalent;
* Holders of a valid F/ATPL (JAA Equalivent) or a CPL issued by an ICAO contracting state; and
* Have the minimum required hours for a CPL/IR

Wow, if I had seen this before I would not have wasted the time to do the application! I'm not Bahraini, and I have an FAA license.

I'm not Bahraini...

I think that requirement was added after they were flooded with applications. And, from what I've read, there's a snowball's chance in hell of becoming a citizen of Bahrain.

...and I have an FAA license.

A F/ATPL is just a Frozen ATPL, which in most places simply means that you have a Commercial license and have passed the ATP written test. Basically, you have the knowledge to be an ATP, just not the experience (hours) to take the practical test.

You can ignore that anyway since their requirement is only to have a Commercial license that's issued by an "ICAO contracting state", which the FAA falls under that classification.

I think that requirement was added after they were flooded with applications. And, from what I've read, there's a snowball's chance in hell of becoming a citizen of Bahrain.

A F/ATPL is just a Frozen ATPL, which in most places simply means that you have a Commercial license and have passed the ATP written test. Basically, you have the knowledge to be an ATP, just not the experience (hours) to take the practical test.

You can ignore that anyway since their requirement is only to have a Commercial license that's issued by an "ICAO contracting state", which the FAA falls under that classification.

Regarding Bahrain citizenship: I've found the same thing. The requirements are high, and despite our economy, I don't want to give up my American citizenship.

Ah, I understand more fully now. Thank you. I was wondering, because I have seen some pilot recruitment pages that say "Commercial Pilot's license from and ICAO approved state. No FAA."

I thought FAA Commercial is ICAO approved.. correct me if im wrong.

It is, so I understand. The confusion was that one airline I came across during my employment search, and I can't remember which one, would accept ICAO approved licenses, not including an FAA license.

It is, so I understand. The confusion was that one airline I came across during my employment search, and I can't remember which one, would accept ICAO approved licenses, not including an FAA license.

FAA and the JAA issued licenses are the supreme forms of pilot licenses. They are accepted like VISA.

GULF1426 - Direct Entry Non Rated (Jet) First Officers Division:pilots - Direct Entry Location:Manama About Gulf Air:
Gulf Air, the national airline of the Kingdom of Bahrain, is embarking on an exiting new era of change. Established in 1950, Gulf Air has over 55 years’ experience in the travel industry and offers the largest network in the Middle East covering over 40 destinations worldwide. With a host of exclusive products and services Gulf Air is one of the premier airlines in the world.
We are now in the process of recruiting Direct Entry Non Rated (Jet) First Officers to join our A320 expending fleet.
To be considered for this position you must:

• Have frozen ATPL (JAA equivalent);
  • Be fluent in verbal and written English;
  • Have a current medical;
  • Have a total of 1500 flying hours;
  • Have 500 flying hours on Jet multi-crew aircraft; and
  • Be less than 46 years of age on the day of application.
Remuneration Package:
A competitive package that includes a tax-free annual salary and benefits depending on family status, plus flying allowances.
In addition, we provide:

• A choice of free furnished apartment style accommodation with free utilities or housing allowance.
  • Free family primary healthcare.
  • Educational assistance for dependent children.
  • Company funded Income Protection Insurance.

Considering throwing my hat into the mix with that posting. Took it straight from the web site as of July 17, 2008.
Will also add some interview material.

GULF1426 - Direct Entry Non Rated (Jet) First Officers Division:pilots - Direct Entry Location:Manama About Gulf Air:
Gulf Air, the national airline of the Kingdom of Bahrain, is embarking on an exiting new era of change. Established in 1950, Gulf Air has over 55 years’ experience in the travel industry and offers the largest network in the Middle East covering over 40 destinations worldwide. With a host of exclusive products and services Gulf Air is one of the premier airlines in the world.
We are now in the process of recruiting Direct Entry Non Rated (Jet) First Officers to join our A320 expending fleet.
To be considered for this position you must:

• Have frozen ATPL (JAA equivalent);
  • Be fluent in verbal and written English;
  • Have a current medical;
  • Have a total of 1500 flying hours;
  • Have 500 flying hours on Jet multi-crew aircraft; and
  • Be less than 46 years of age on the day of application.
Remuneration Package:
A competitive package that includes a tax-free annual salary and benefits depending on family status, plus flying allowances.
In addition, we provide:

• A choice of free furnished apartment style accommodation with free utilities or housing allowance.
  • Free family primary healthcare.
  • Educational assistance for dependent children.
  • Company funded Income Protection Insurance.
Our route network provides interesting flying experience, while Bahrain itself is an attractive cosmopolitan state with every opportunity for a pleasant lifestyle experience and ample facilities for shopping and recreation.
Additional Information:
Only completed applications will be reviewed and prior to starting this application process you should ensure that you have the below mentioned documentation available in an electronic format to attach as required.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume/CV
2. Copy of license
3. Copy of passport
4. Copy of medical
5. Copy of log book

Direct Entry Pilots:
Interested candidates should apply online.
If you meet our selection requirements, you will be invited for an assessment session in Bahrain consisting of two days of interviews, group discussions and psychometric testing. If you are invited to Bahrain from an overseas location, we will meet your travel, visa and hotel expenses.

Invited applicants are requested to bring the following documents:

1. Their licence (ICAO ATPL or a JAA frozen ATPL) with current medical certificate.
  2. Log books, up to date.
  3. Supplementary training certificates (CRM, ETOPS, RVSM etc).
  4. Passport.
  5. HPL certificate (If separate to ATPL)
  6. Copies of all of the above.
  7. Letter of licence authentication from your current regulating authority
  8. Names and contact information of two references, one of which must be from your present (or last) employer.
Day One:
On the first day, we will conduct an informational presentation on working for Gulf Air, living in Bahrain, your career as a Pilot, and the benefits you can expect to receive.
Then you will receive four psychometric written tests designed to assess the following abilities:

1. Verbal reasoning
  2. Numerical estimation
  3. Spatial checking
  4. Computer checking
A practice session will be included at the beginning. The tests are timed, and the entire tests will take two and a half hours to complete.
While you are being tested, your documents (such as log books) will be checked. The tests will be scored on the same day, and if you succeed you will be informed on the same day and will proceed to the next stage.
Day Two:
The second day is comprised of a panel interview, a written individual planning exercise and a group discussion. Additionally, if you are a type-rated Pilot, you will be given a technical written assessment.
The panel interview will be approximately one hour duration. The panel interview may include behavioral questions where you describe actions and decisions taken during specific events based on your own experience. We encourage you to be candid in your response as there are no right or wrong answers. In addition, we may ask you knowledge-based questions covering topics specific to Gulf Air or related to the aviation industry.
In the individual planning exercise you will be presented with a scenario to which you will be required to provide a written response. The group discussion is an interactive session where candidates are presented with a topic/scenario and are asked to discuss it.
A panel will evaluate your results from all the components. Within 10 days you will be contacted by our Recruitment Team and informed whether you have been selected. We may contact the people in the references you provided during this time.

Back