Guess what....pilot shortage is looming

The BEST part about this, no more 0 to hero 90 day programs. If the regionals start hiring, they will have to have minimums of 1500hours, they will run out of qualified 1500hour pilots who want to work for crap money.

The BEST part about this, no more 0 to hero 90 day programs. If the regionals start hiring, they will have to have minimums of 1500hours, they will run out of qualified 1500hour pilots who want to work for crap money.

Back in the day 3000 hr pilots paid for training at companies like ASA and Continental Express.

I'll tell you right now that if I have 1500 hrs and a ATP, I won't be looking towards the regionals for a job. Not when I can be making 2-3 times the money and not treated like dog poo elsewhere.

Back in the day 3000 hr pilots paid for training at companies like ASA and Continental Express.

I'm down for that, I'm sure pay was better.

No more Joe Blow off the street decides to be a pilot and does an accelerated program, with higher minimums people will have to work for it. Along the way they will pick up a lot of experience (including not putting up with crap pay).

Back