Great F-16 Landing BTW - No Power.

That was interesting, He sure was breathing heavy, I can't blame him though!

FWIW all gunsight videos ive seen similar to this really exaggerate the breathing... i think it probablyhas to do with it taping directly from the mic and then going to the intercom/radios when he hits PTT.

FWIW all gunsight videos ive seen similar to this really exaggerate the breathing... i think it probablyhas to do with it taping directly from the mic and then going to the intercom/radios when he hits PTT.

yeah your right! I notice in any military cockpit vid, the person is always breathing heavy! btw what does FWIW mean?

What is the glide ratio of an F-16? 5/1? 7 miles at 9,000 feet and he hits it right on the spot.

Excellent team work and great flying/landing by the pilot.

He also has an O2 mask on, so if you've ever worn one and talked on it, gives you the Darth Vader voice.......

He also has an O2 mask on, so if you've ever worn one and talked on it, gives you the Darth Vader voice.......

:yeahthat:

Its going to make that noise if you take a normal breath of air in... and thats a good thing. If it wasn't making any noise, you're probably not getting any oxygen.:)

nice! he came was over threshold like 50 knots fast, guess that works. I wonder if he used flaps on that app...

and yeah, those things have a EPU that uses hydrazine when the engine % is less than I think 67% (or was it 80?) they need hazmat to clean it up.

saweet!

That was amazing..isn't the f-16 fly-by-wire? how can he still have even minimal control of the flight controls?

I don't know much about it, but when I am flying in the vicinity of Hill Air Force base I hear ATC/TRACON coordinating with the local F-16 jockeys about doing the SFO - Simulated Flame Out - into Hill often. I think it is something they practice a lot.

:yeahthat:

Its going to make that noise if you take a normal breath of air in... and thats a good thing. If it wasn't making any noise, you're probably not getting any oxygen.:)

Ah, that reminds me of Space Ghost Coast to Coast. "Are you getting enough oxygen?'"

What is the glide ratio of an F-16? 5/1? 7 miles at 9,000 feet and he hits it right on the spot.

Excellent team work and great flying/landing by the pilot.

I hear the best pilots get the F-16 and the bottom ones get F-15E's :)

Back