Graduated - help me find a job!

Isn't easy right now is it?

All I can tell you is to visit individual airline websites and apply. Check out JSfirm.com, investing in climbto350.com or even avjobs.com might help too. Be sure to work with your school's career office for help as well.

Good Luck

mission!

Well, two weeks into the job search, and nothing yet, but I do have a possibility with a start up regional carrier in dallas. Just waiting on them to let me know when they will be officially starting.

It took about a 1 1/2 months before I landed my first dispatch job. I was fortunate enough to get hired on by a global carrier - TZ. I now work for F9 and I commute weekly from IND. Also look at corporations especially the fortune 500. I remember seeing jobs for FLT OPS people for Chevron, Lilly Corp, MGM. Then there are places like NetJets. Arinc also highers dispatchers.

Start your networking. Like any field the more people you know the better your chance.

Best of luck.

F9DXER

Well, two weeks into the job search, and nothing yet, but I do have a possibility with a start up regional carrier in dallas. Just waiting on them to let me know when they will be officially starting.

Small Community has been "trying" to start for almost 2 years now...

I know Northern Air Cargo was looking for a Flight Control Agent. I beleive the spot is filled now, but keep looking.

Not sure if you would consider this, maybe take any job with a regional that you would want to dispatch for. Then wait for an internal opening. That way you do have your foot in the door and someone from inside the company can validate your work ethic. Also once inside, you can easily just start talking with the dispatch/flight ops department,

PSA in Dayton is hiring.

Best of Luck.

F9DXER

Not sure if you would consider this, maybe take any job with a regional that you would want to dispatch for. Then wait for an internal opening. That way you do have your foot in the door and someone from inside the company can validate your work ethic. Also once inside, you can easily just start talking with the dispatch/flight ops department,

PSA in Dayton is hiring.

Best of Luck.

F9DXER

I sent them a resume on thurs, but have not heard back from them yet.

PSA in Dayton is hiring.

Best of Luck.

F9DXER

F9DXER,

I've thought about doing that, and I was wondering if you've heard of anyone doing that successfully. How long did it take them to wait for an opening? I know it all depends on the demand at any given time and the company, but is it easier to get in from within?

When I first applied at F9, there where 2 positions open (this was about 4 years ago), I came in #3, I found out after I was hired that those two were internal candidates.

One guy came over from crew scheduling. Can't remember about the other. So it does happen.

Also had a friend that took a job with fedex as a crew scheduler, and then waited for a dispatch position. I believe he eventually moved over.

Just a thought. Might consider throwing boxes at either Fedex or UPS, at least your employed. Also look into crew scheduling (CS)positions. In most operations CS is right there with dispatch.

When I first applied at F9, there where 2 positions open (this was about 4 years ago), I came in #3, I found out after I was hired that those two were internal candidates.

One guy came over from crew scheduling. Can't remember about the other. So it does happen.

Also had a friend that took a job with fedex as a crew scheduler, and then waited for a dispatch position. I believe he eventually moved over.

Just a thought. Might consider throwing boxes at either Fedex or UPS, at least your employed. Also look into crew scheduling (CS)positions. In most operations CS is right there with dispatch.
No thanks. I didnt go to dispatch school to take a job moving boxes.

PSA in Dayton is hiring.

Best of Luck.

F9DXER

They just hired a few new crew schedulers over here (PSA). I hear one is doing just what you suggest F9, he wants to dispatch, but he isnt old enough yet. Might keep an eye open for a scheduler position also, to get your foot in the door. They are (quite unfortunately) in the same room as dispatch and maintenance control, and you'd be able to learn quite a bit if you wanted to.

Back