Got my student pilot certificate in the mail today

Not sure why your life is "boring," unless you choose to make it so.

You "can live" and be happy if you work at Walmart as a greeter and choose to do so

Stop being a goddamned martyr (or troll?) and making excuses. You can do about anything you want to do or even be happy earning an income in a place you don't want to be.
Neither a martyr nor a troll. I did write something cheeky to you but didn't mean to offend. If I did, please receive my apology.

I wrote that post, the last two posts, because I saw from the thread that I wrote a huge misunderstanding. Many posters started to seem like they were expecting me to become a pilot. While I would like to fly some, I plan to take care of it in more modest ways.

I am embarassed enough about it as it is, but for the sake of transparency I wrote my posts while cringing in order to clear the misunderstandings. I don't think it's impressive, but at least it's honest.

I would really like it if you didn't magnify my embarassment though.

Neither a martyr nor a troll. I did write something cheeky to you but didn't mean to offend. If I did, please receive my apology.

I wrote that post, the last two posts, because I saw from the thread that I wrote a huge misunderstanding. Many posters started to seem like they were expecting me to become a pilot. While I would like to fly some, I plan to take care of it in more modest ways.

I am embarassed enough about it as it is, but for the sake of transparency I wrote my posts while cringing in order to clear the misunderstandings. I don't think it's impressive, but at least it's honest.

I think you should pursue flying. Aviation, and the discipline required to practice it, is chock full of excellent life lessons. If my post doubting you led to bad feelings I apologize, I was not aware of the changes in the system and my thinking was based on 30+ year old experience. I've been corrected and I'll once again say I'm sorry. Don't stop, you may never fly an airliner but $250.00 cheeseburgers taste so good...

I think you should pursue flying. Aviation, and the discipline required to practice it, is chock full of excellent life lessons. If my post doubting you led to bad feelings I apologize, I was not aware of the changes in the system and my thinking was based on 30+ year old experience. I've been corrected and I'll once again say I'm sorry. Don't stop, you may never fly an airliner but $250.00 cheeseburgers taste so good...
Your post didn't lead to any bad feelings for me. I had a complicated situation right from the start, long before posting here and long before considering aviation for work.

I just decided to make it more obvious since I was causing miscommunication and I don't like doing so. That's all.

Your post didn't lead to any bad feelings for me. I had a complicated situation right from the start, long before posting here and long before considering aviation for work.

I just decided to make it more obvious since I was causing miscommunication and I don't like doing so. That's all.
Without context your posts seem ethereal. You must have an interest, otherwise you wouldn't have troubled yourself or been proud of the card the FAA sent you (be careful with that card, if you leave it in your wallet all of your specific information will disappear from friction long before the images of Orville and Wilbur). It's not a closed society despite what anyone might say, it's not easy, but it's not impossible. Why are you giving up? Aviation people are discerning and have a tendency to either embrace tellers of untruths for selfish reasons or recognize enthusiasm and foster it. You say you got our student pilot cert and then say you're not going to pursue flying for "reasons". Why? Give us the context and despite what you might think there might be a road to soloing one day. I still remember my first solo, it was in a 152 with the rear view mirror at the top of the instrument panel, you'd be hard pressed to convince me that little mirror served any purpose other than allowing people on their first solo to see the smile on their face. Don't give up.

Not sure why your life is "boring," unless you choose to make it so.

You "can live" and be happy if you work at Walmart as a greeter and choose to do so

Stop being a goddamned martyr (or troll?) and making excuses. You can do about anything you want to do or even be happy earning an income in a place you don't want to be.
👍

No offense taken.

Without context your posts seem ethereal. You must have an interest, otherwise you wouldn't have troubled yourself or been proud of the card the FAA sent you (be careful with that card, if you leave it in your wallet all of your specific information will disappear from friction long before the images of Orville and Wilbur). It's not a closed society despite what anyone might say, it's not easy, but it's not impossible. Why are you giving up? Aviation people are discerning and have a tendency to either embrace tellers of untruths for selfish reasons or recognize enthusiasm and foster it. You say you got our student pilot cert and then say you're not going to pursue flying for "reasons". Why? Give us the context and despite what you might think there might be a road to soloing one day. I still remember my first solo, it was in a 152 with the rear view mirror at the top of the instrument panel, you'd be hard pressed to convince me that little mirror served any purpose other than allowing people on their first solo to see the smile on their face. Don't give up.
I do mean it when I say that I don't think anyone can help my situation. I'm not trying to be a diva. I don't like that stuff.

I have responsibilities that limit me to my location. I am limited with time and the amount of resources I can acquire in my limited time also limits my financial range. Getting rated takes time and resources and the majority of careers in aviation, naturally, require relocation or constant travel. So I'm not "suited" for the commonly recognized aviation careers.

I have been aware of that but was looking to see if I might learn something useful about other options. I did learn some things which I haven't tried yet. I'm going to try those things and see how it goes, but I'm not going to act in blind hope anymore, the way I did when I started imagining getting a private pilot certificate.

I do mean it when I say that I don't think anyone can help my situation. I'm not trying to be a diva. I don't like that stuff.

I have responsibilities that limit me to my location. I am limited with time and the amount of resources I can acquire in my limited time also limits my financial range. Getting rated takes time and resources and the majority of careers in aviation, naturally, require relocation or constant travel. So I'm not "suited" for the commonly recognized aviation careers.

I have been aware of that but was looking to see if I might learn something useful about other options. I did learn some things which I haven't tried yet. I'm going to try those things and see how it goes, but I'm not going to act in blind hope anymore, the way I did when I started imagining getting a private pilot certificate.
Best wishes.

Make your life what you want it to be. No one else can🍸

I think you live in Central California, everyone thinks of CA as either SoCal or San Fransisco. I think you know that's not true, have you ever surfed and skied on the same day? Neither have I and I've been here since 1976. I promise I'll leave you alone if you're honest about why you cut bait just after you tossed out a line. You joined this group and say lots of things, but who are you? I don't want your name, address or any other other identifiable earmarks, but this is a group of people that work in an industry you're interested in and being coy falls flat repeatedly. You are anonymous here (as much as you can be on any forum), ask questions, be honest about your situation and listen to what people have to say. Just tell us, in very clear language, why you've decided to not fly. It's not like any one is going to tear your head off, I wanted to fly for a living, it didn't work out, but I made a life as a mechanic. There's lots of roles to play that keep this whole thing rolling.

I think you live in Central California, everyone thinks of CA as either SoCal or San Fransisco. I think you know that's not true, have you ever surfed and skied on the same day? Neither have I and I've been here since 1976. I promise I'll leave you alone if you're honest about why you cut bait just after you tossed out a line. You joined this group and say lots of things, but who are you? I don't want your name, address or any other other identifiable earmarks, but this is a group of people that work in an industry you're interested in and being coy falls flat repeatedly. You are anonymous here (as much as you can be on any forum), ask questions, be honest about your situation and listen to what people have to say. Just tell us, in very clear language, why you've decided to not fly. It's not like any one is going to tear your head off, I wanted to fly for a living, it didn't work out, but I made a life as a mechanic. There's lots of roles to play that keep this whole thing rolling.
I decided not to fly some time before the card even got sent in the mail, though shortly after I applied for it.

I posted it on here because i'm stupid and didn't think about it.

The reason, back then, I decided not to fly is because getting a private pilot cert is all expenses up front and no profit. If I was younger I could treat it like starting a business or getting a degree.

but im not that age anymore and i don't have the luxury of trying things out just to see how they go

That's too risky

I know abandoning my responsibilities is "technically" an "option" but, no, it really isn't any option and I think anyone who tries to tell me that abandoning people who are depending on me is a real option is a real dumbass and a piece of Scheiße (as my piece of Scheiße sergeant would say).

should I just stop replying? i said, i didn't mean to cause the impression like i'm making some swagger moves to get in the air. i wasn't showing off

my post was just about sharing something pointlessly like a doofus. if this was a real life conversation i'd be embarassed as hell and i'm still cringing even though its anonymous and aloof

This thread feels like the twilight zone. It's as if we went back in time and got to meet Richard Russell before he became sky king.

*me smoking*
Imagine, if you will, a bustling airport on the cusp of twilight. Meet Phenom Descriptor, an unassuming ramp worker. A man who's life is spent in the belly of the aluminum beast. But what Phenom's colleagues don't know is that he harbors a secret, a burning desire hidden deep within him like an untold tale.

For you see, Phenom's heart beats to the rhythm of flight. He yearns to soar through the skies, to feel the weightlessness of a cockpit, to command the heavens. But life's cruel twist of fate has clipped his wings, condemned him to the earthbound role of a ramp worker.

In the quiet moments, when the roar of jet engines subsides, Phenom gazes skyward with a melancholic longing, a longing that defies reason and circumstance. He watches the pilots, those lucky souls living his dream, and imagines himself among them, charting a course into the great unknown.

But tonight, in the uncharted territory of the Twilight Zone, Phenom's world is about to take an unexpected turn. A stranger will arrive, offering him a choice that defies logic and reason. A choice that will lead him to confront his deepest desires and the chilling consequences of a wish too powerful to control.

For in this realm, the line between reality and imagination is blurred, where the boundaries of time and fate converge. Phenom will learn that sometimes, the pursuit of one's dreams can lead to a destination far stranger than anything he ever imagined.

Join us, as we embark on a journey of the mind, where time and destiny intersect, and the ordinary becomes extraordinary. A journey into, the Twilight Zone.

This thread feels like the twilight zone. It's as if we went back in time and got to meet Richard Russell before he became sky king.

*me smoking*
Imagine, if you will, a bustling airport on the cusp of twilight. Meet Phenom Descriptor, an unassuming ramp worker. A man who's life is spent in the belly of the aluminum beast. But what Phenom's colleagues don't know is that he harbors a secret, a burning desire hidden deep within him like an untold tale.

For you see, Phenom's heart beats to the rhythm of flight. He yearns to soar through the skies, to feel the weightlessness of a cockpit, to command the heavens. But life's cruel twist of fate has clipped his wings, condemned him to the earthbound role of a ramp worker.

In the quiet moments, when the roar of jet engines subsides, Phenom gazes skyward with a melancholic longing, a longing that defies reason and circumstance. He watches the pilots, those lucky souls living his dream, and imagines himself among them, charting a course into the great unknown.

But tonight, in the uncharted territory of the Twilight Zone, Phenom's world is about to take an unexpected turn. A stranger will arrive, offering him a choice that defies logic and reason. A choice that will lead him to confront his deepest desires and the chilling consequences of a wish too powerful to control.

For in this realm, the line between reality and imagination is blurred, where the boundaries of time and fate converge. Phenom will learn that sometimes, the pursuit of one's dreams can lead to a destination far stranger than anything he ever imagined.

Join us, as we embark on a journey of the mind, where time and destiny intersect, and the ordinary becomes extraordinary. A journey into, the Twilight Zone.
Thanks. That cheered me up. Life is pretty weird sometimes.

*me smoking*

If you get weightless in a cockpit and it's not intentional it's either a bad day to go fly or you've done something wrong.

View attachment 73666
Could one of these fellows, perhaps, be me? Not so much a catchbot anymore, am I? Huhuh proof !

One of these fellows personally pen and inked my grandfather’s pilot certificate.......it was Orville, and i still have the little booklet that was his pilot cert back in the 1920’s. It seems wild, but none of us are that far removed from those guys

Back