Got fed up and quit

Keep up the strong will!

I know what you mean about the car, and it is good that you have identified your temptation places.

WAY. TO. GO.!!!

Seriously, that is great news! Congrats on the decision, and stay strong! You can do it!!!

(I quit about 12 years ago.... :) )

Nice job!
Although for me the cravings haven't stopped and I don't think they ever will..... in a really sad and pathetic way I miss ciggarettes.

Gum, lollipops, fruit, and lots of water help curb the urges... keep up the good work.

Congrats! There is nothing worse than kissing someone and feeling like you just kissed an ash tray! My Grandma quit smoking about a year ago after smoking for like 50 years and she hasn't picked on up since. If she can do it, you can definitely do it!

Congrats! I quit in the end of '07 and haven't looked back. Stick with it and you won't be able to remember why you ever smoked in the first place.

By the thread title, I thought you were leaving 121 and coming back to the dark side!;)

Keep up the good work!

Excellent! My best advice is (as simple as this sounds) is to never buy another pack. No pack, no smoke. You might find yourself bumming one from time to time, but eventually that will fade (and your friends will think you are a moocher.)

As long as you never buy a pack you'll remain a non-smoker.

and good job :)

Thank you, everyone, for the support and good wishes. It's been a week, and I really think I've got this thing beaten. Already, running is easier (go figure!), my skin is softer, and I've put $45 in the bank (how much I would've spent on smokey treats). Gonna have a helluva vacation a year from now!

Thanks again!

Sweet, I also quit. Im going on week one as well. I think Im home free. I already hate the smell of it. :D

Congrats! I quit in the end of '07 and haven't looked back. Stick with it and you won't be able to remember why you ever smoked in the first place.

Good job since 07? that's true- I regret it, but I was not even a teen when I started and there's a lot of other stuff I don't remember as well!

Excellent! My best advice is (as simple as this sounds) is to never buy another pack. No pack, no smoke. You might find yourself bumming one from time to time, but eventually that will fade (and your friends will think you are a moocher.)

As long as you never buy a pack you'll remain a non-smoker.

and good job :)
When I quit, I only tried one cigarette- cause I used it as an opportunity to start aconversation with a cute gal- I decided to cut bait and run instead

Thank you, everyone, for the support and good wishes. It's been a week, and I really think I've got this thing beaten. Already, running is easier (go figure!), my skin is softer, and I've put $45 in the bank (how much I would've spent on smokey treats). Gonna have a helluva vacation a year from now!

Thanks again!

A week already, see how easy it is?
Now I realize I just had found more money to spend on important stuff- like alchohol!

Sweet, I also quit. Im going on week one as well. I think Im home free. I already hate the smell of it. :D

Great job! Keep it up, you've got it whipped!

Back