Got a death wish??? Here's the job for you...

sopdan

Got a death wish??? Here\'s the job for you...

[ QUOTE ]
Looking for candidates who would be interested in working in Colombia. Position is spraying coca plants as part of the DOS eradication effort under Plan Colombia. Position contengent upon contract award from USG. If interested in placing your name on our call list to be contacted after contract award, please forward your resume. You MUST be an experienced crop duster to apply. Will provide all details on pay/benefits during initial call after contract award. Expect to start interviews March/April 04.

[/ QUOTE ]

Link is here.

smile.gif

Re: Got a death wish??? Here\'s the job for you...

Holy crap, if crop dusting at night isn't enough of a thrill for ya, here you go!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Looking for candidates who would be interested in working in Colombia. Position is spraying coca plants as part of the DOS eradication effort under Plan Colombia. Position contengent upon contract award from USG. If interested in placing your name on our call list to be contacted after contract award, please forward your resume. You MUST be an experienced crop duster to apply. Will provide all details on pay/benefits during initial call after contract award. Expect to start interviews March/April 04.

[/ QUOTE ]

These are the guys that fly the Air Tractor planes that do the dusting. A separate contractor employs the OV-10 Bronco and UH-1 pilots for the other side of the same operation from the same base.

If you into the $$$$ as much as I am, this ain't a bad job.

The way I look at it, I'm already doing a job where I get shot at when I deploy to the middle east. As a Captain, I pull down about $52K/yr to get shot at. Why not triple that pay for the same risk?

Doug, getting bored with sipping coffee at FL350 yet? Give Little Joey a call too.

L'il Joe's got a cooshy job flying a Falcon 900 (I think it's a 900 at least) in Ohio!

Hopefully he'll back at Delta soon.

[ QUOTE ]
The way I look at it, I'm already doing a job where I get shot at when I deploy to the middle east. As a Captain, I pull down about $52K/yr to get shot at. Why not triple that pay for the same risk?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but you get to shoot back.

grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but you get to shoot back.

grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Give 'em hell MikeD!! Must be quite the rush. But geting shot at is scary. You got my respect sir.

Dangerous? nah, now Wal-Mart door greeter on Black Friday when the doors open for business. That is dangerous. All of those women foaming at the mouth with fire coming from their nose and sharpened fake fingernails just waiting to buy an item and fighting for it being no problem....wow, that is not a job for the faint hearted.lol
grin.gif
grin.gif
just kidding.

Friday? Why is friday such a crazy day at Wal Mart?

Actually, I haven't been to a Wal Mart since this spring when I just got fed up with the dumbing down of American consumerism!

Now if you mount a spray system on the underside of an A-10, I'm interested.
smile.gif
I always thought of the low and slow flying in the A-10 like being in a jet powered crop duster.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

outside_looking_in was referencing 'black Friday', or the day after Thanksgiving. The day people line up at the doors 2 hours before the place opens, then rush through and fall into a pile of clawing, kicking madmen and women so that they can make sure to get Little Junior the latest Binford XLT II video game unit.

None for me, thanks!

[ QUOTE ]

Actually, I haven't been to a Wal Mart since this spring when I just got fed up with the dumbing down of American consumerism!

[/ QUOTE ]

You know, BLACK FRIDAY, the biggest shopping day of the year when all the big sales are going on. The day after Thanksgiving when all the stores re-open at 6:00 a.m. officially beginning the Christmas buying Season. You haven't seen all the media hype around this crap. I have worked in a discount department store on this day and let me tell you this. You see everything from arguments, fighting, whining, and that is just from the adults. All day I kept trying to remember when the true meaning of Christmas transformed into the Commercial mayhem it is today.

Ahh!

I know it's just me, but I'd rather take a hot fire poker in the eye than voluntarily go into "Mega Low Mart".

I greatly dislike Wal-Mart as well. I haven't figured out if it's the aisles that are two narrow to fit two carts by each other, or the "parents" who spout four letter words at their screaming kids.

I've found the Target (an extra 15 min away) near me is much less crowded and at least partially bearable. Plus, they've just got cool stuff!
smile.gif

I compare Target to Boston Market, and Wal Mart to a ghetto Church's Chicken.

People were just out of control when I went there. Big loads of trash in the parking lot, kids running wild through the aisles and "sales associates" always think I'm shoplifting in the electronics section.

The Waltons can kiss my butt!

[ QUOTE ]
The Waltons can kiss my butt!

[/ QUOTE ]
What?? Not feelin' the love for John Boy???

Oh - whoops - wrong Waltons.
grin.gif

Our line guy meets all his girlfriends at Wal-Mart. Maybe there's something to the place.

I actually considered the Colombia job- no dusting experience but have shootin experience. Oh well...

[ QUOTE ]
Our line guy meets all his girlfriends at Wal-Mart. Maybe there's something to the place.

[/ QUOTE ]

It probably depends on the section of the store.

If it's the self-help book section, that would be a bad thing.

If it's in the Wal Mart parking lot across from the Victoria's Secret outlet store, it would be a good thing.

Ahhh the great "unwashed masses."

Two words: nueter the stupid.

Err... wait ....
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Does anyone remember when Playboy did a spread on the girls of Enron last year? Well they are doing it this year (within the next couple months) with the girls of Wal-Mart. It is a marketing effort to try and compete with Maxim, FHM, Stuff, etc.

I guess they are going to try to appeal to "that" crowd now. "That" crowd here in Grand Forks is awful. I can't stand it there and avoid it as much as possible. Only time I go there is when it is 1 AM and I need something badly, otherwise it is the new Super Target for me. Now that place is great!

[ QUOTE ]

Does anyone remember when Playboy did a spread on the girls of Enron last year? Well they are doing it this year (within the next couple months) with the girls of Wal-Mart. It is a marketing effort to try and compete with Maxim, FHM, Stuff, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

We need a Playboy's Girls of Waffle House.................

Back