Good to see Eagle MEC has balls

I've jumpsat on AMR a lot recently and there are definitely some over there that are all for AA Pilots going back to ALPA FWIW.

From what I heard it was a paperwork issue with the MEL procedures for something on the airplane. Honestly, there are a lot of grey areas in the MEL books that can lead one down the wrong road and can get one in trouble. What exacerbated the situation for the GoJet Pilots was the FAA POI for GoJets, was a former TSA Pilot and that made him go after them with a little bit of vengeance.

I would say that MAYBE 5% of pilots at anyone airline would get a FAA Violation while employed at that airline. Even that number would be a tad high I would say as well.

Thanks for the info. I always view the MEL as a gray area, along with the FAR rules.:)

So Todd, basically what it sounds like is that you can do any negative thing you want to the profession, and at some point you should/will be forgiven in the name of unity. It doesnt seem right. Yet from all the examples you've cited, thats exactly what has happened.

If they're willing to integrate seniority lists with TSA (DOH sounds good) then I say I'm all for it. Thats not to say we won't remember the 'founding fathers' of GoJet.

"GoJet capitalized on pilots’ natural desire to fly larger airplanes"

Oh yeah because no ALPA airline would stoop to that level.

Conditions are harsh too? The whole story is meant to tell people they should be paying dues to ALPA. How many pilots represented by ALPA complain about their pay and work rules on a daily basis here.

Back