Good for them bad for me

brian434

So I've worked 19 nights this month and only actually got two calls. Is EMS normally this slow? I am on track over the last two months to only get around 100 hrs per year.

I could toss a bucket of golf balls out the car window on I-25 some night if that would help. You'd have to pay for the balls, though

19 nights out of 22 so far? That doesn't seem like very many days off. Is that typical for air ambulance operators?

19 nights out of 22 so far? That doesn't seem like very many days off. Is that typical for air ambulance operators?
Nope I am helping another pilot out working some of his shifts so he can head out of town.

Politics seem to be slowing us down a bit here too. There is some bad blood between the local hospital and the company. Nothing a little extra grease couldn't fix.

100 hrs/year sounds about right. Our rotor pilots have been averaging 75 hrs/year. EMS is a QOL job not time building.

I can't even get telemarketers to call the "bat phone." It's been snail pace slow around here. So slow I took on the project of painting the hood on our beater. Now I need to take up basket weaving or wood working.

Last month was slow.. I think I did about 13 hours in 19 days. Usually do about twice that.

Airplane Project!

If anybody is interested, Stanford Health is hiring fixed wing pilot for their Fargo location. I am unfortunately 150 H short of TT minimums, bummer.

Fixed Wing Pilot (Part-time) Fargo location

Tracking Code
223483-046

Job Description
Part-time, 40 hours per 2 week pay period
Fargo Location

1. Minimum of 2,000 fixed-wing flight hours

2. Minimum of 500 multi-engine hours, with turbine time desired

Must possess an Airline Pilot license with Multi-Engine and Instrument rating.

Required Credentials (Licensure, Certification, or Registration)

Must possess a current commercial certificate with an Instrument rating which will be tracked and verified by Intensive Air Program Manager.

Job Location
Sioux Falls, SD, US.

Position Type
Part-Time

Shift Description
12 hour shift

The position requires work during
Evenings, Various, Holidays, Nights, Days

Some of these jobs are pretty tough when you're trying to build time... That's part of the reason I left my corporate job... I had 2000 hours and was only flying 200 hours/year.

I'm probably on pace for 250 this year. I feel like I sit on my ass all the time...and I LOVE it. My new career goal is to always be gainfully employed, and retire with less than 10,000 hours and a single digit golf handicap.

Required Credentials (Licensure, Certification, or Registration)

Must possess a current commercial certificate with an Instrument rating which will be tracked and verified by Intensive Air Program Manager.

what does this even mean?

Back