Good for them bad for me

I'm probably on pace for 250 this year. I feel like I sit on my ass all the time...and I LOVE it. My new career goal is to always be gainfully employed, and retire with less than 10,000 hours and a single digit golf handicap.

You are in a much different circumstance than I was Travis. If I was in a spot where I was being paid even remotely close to what I should have been, or at least lived in a place I liked (not south FL), I would have been stoked to have that much time off. Trust me, working 10x harder than I used to sucks sometimes.

It was an extremely difficult decision to leave what I had. But after talking it over with JROD, we both felt I would probably be better off in the future if I left and got some experience doing something else rather than simply hope our owner would a) keep the plane, and b)eventually pay me as a Captain.

1.5 years later, I don't regret the decision. I have a lot more experience, another type, I absolutely LOVE where I live, and I will eventually move on to a nice career position. Not sure if it will lead to retiring with less than 10,000 hours, but that's pretty far down on my priority list.

Back