Good bye 757 hello Air Force One, the future of aviation.

flyboywbl

3rd regional in 1 year
Obviously Obama will have air force pilots for his new ride but who flew/owned his campaign jet? I never caught the N number to look it up on the FAA registrations page.

The Obama campaign called my buddy to remind him to vote today and if he had any questions about Obama's polecies. He (a fellow pilot) asked what Obama's stance was on User Fees. After about 10 minutes on hold, he could not get a straight answer. From what I have heard both Obama and McCain opposed them.

What do you guys think the new administration will bring to aviation both GA and commercial?

Just wondering what others thought

-Matt

Re: Good bye 757 hello Air Force One, the future of aviation

Ok the N number was 755NA and the plane is registered to International Lease Finance Corporation. I wonder what is going to happen to the plane. I assuming he just rented it. But if he bought it does he sell it? and where does the money go?

-Matt

I believe you are asking about Obama's plane. It is a chartered aircraft from North American Airlines. The airplane will be repainted and go back into supplemental 121 service as far as I know.

The airplane was chartered from North American Airlines. It will simply get repainted in their normal livery and go back to flying other charters.

Edit: Damn, we posted at the same time. :)

The new administration will bring higher taxes and expanded government. I'm not sure how that will bode for aviation, but I can't imagine that it will be good.

Kind of like the current one? You know, the one that federalized Fannie and Freddie and AIG and nine large banks?

I wonder if the talking points ever get old.

Apparently not.

The new administration will bring higher taxes and expanded government. I'm not sure how that will bode for aviation, but I can't imagine that it will be good.

And, the other side would have brought cabotage, foreign ownership, and the elimination of workers' rights which would have destroyed the airlines.

The new administration will bring Keynesian economics, which will be good for everyone in this country, whether you want to admit it or not. I'm looking forward to seeing the excuses that you guys struggle to come up with after this country is in much better shape four years from now.

The new administration will bring Keynesian economics, which will be good for everyone in this country, whether you want to admit it or not. I'm looking forward to seeing the excuses that you guys struggle to come up with after this country is in much better shape four years from now.

The economy was both good and bad under Bush and Clinton. When times were good they take the credit and when times are bad it's always the other party's fault. I have no doubt that just like in aviation things will get better and then get worse again. Rinse and repeat.

My hope is that the government does nothing at all. The more the government tries to fix things the more they screw it up. Look at what Bush did with the DHS and the TSA. The government is big and slow to react. The free market reacts faster and better in most cases to economic woes.

Sorry, Toonces, but your crazy laissez faire economic principles have been rejected soundly by the American people. About damned time. Get ready for a Keynesian revolution.

This needs to go to the lav if it keeps up.

As for the OP's question on GA: AOPA magazine had a spread a couple months back where both candidates were interviewed. Neither support user fees or increased taxes on avgas. It "seems" that both candidates were favorable in the world of GA. I would post the article, but pretty sure it's copyrighted.

Sorry, Toonces, but your crazy laissez faire economic principles have been rejected soundly by the American people. About damned time. Get ready for a Keynesian revolution.

And to think Keynes thought A Road to Serfdom was a good book. Golly gee!

Well, if the incoming administration does apply Keynesian economics, one thing that will be on the list for infrastructure upgrades will be the ATC system.

If that ain't good for aviation and the country as a whole, I don't know what is.

And to think Keynes thought A Road to Serfdom was a good book. Golly gee!

Being a "good book" and believing that his theories work in practice are two very different things. Hayek and Keynes agreed on very little.

Nobody knows with these guys but Ron Paul came out and said no user fees :)

Back