Giving Pilots Sports Scores

We have a guy that sends the scores out every two hours to all the flights. Seems to cut down on the number of requests we receive

Once, when I was asked for scores, I sent the score of the Dispatch Tiddlywinks competition.

I can't recall what the actual score was now. :)

WANT

I don't understand the dispatchers/supervisors who get all bent out of shape about a simple score request. Dude, its a perfect wx day and you're sitting at your desk doing nothing and watching the football game on tv right now... give them the score instead of some passive aggressive response about being too busy.

I don't see the big deal either but it's funny I work in maintenance control so we monitor all ACARS traffic between dispatch and flight crew. I work with a guy who gets all bent out of shape when dispatch gives crews game scores but his big deal is that every ACARS transmission the company is being charged for it so he has issues with non business use of ACARS you would think the cost was coming out of own pocket. I see his point but in the grand scheme of things I told him that is chump change compared to all the waste we have daily that no one seems to be addressing.

WANT

I don't understand the dispatchers/supervisors who get all bent out of shape about a simple score request. Dude, its a perfect wx day and you're sitting at your desk doing nothing and watching the football game on tv right now... give them the score instead of some passive aggressive response about being too busy.

At some jobs you're never "doing nothing." Please don't give pilots that impression for a second, that we are all sitting with our heels on the desks watching football while they're in the air.

At some jobs you're never "doing nothing." Please don't give pilots that impression for a second, that we are all sitting with our heels on the desks watching football while they're in the air.

Quite the leap you took there.

Regardless, they think it anyway and always will.

Back