girlfreind and ATP

I started the program on Monday and I''m flying the new sim here in Dallas. It still has a few kinks to be worked out.

SigAV8R

Not bad
tongue.gif
haven't done a whole lot yet. Gonna pick here in a bit though. Love the program though. Fun group here and we have a good time.

SigAV8R

Hi SigAV8R,
Can you describe what you have gone through in the program up till now and when did you start?
Im just curious about how it will be.
How many hours do you fly per day, how many ground hours? when does your learning from instructor day end.
Do you have time to sit home and study?
Did you get a schedule to when your checkrides are?
Im planning on going to Riverside.
Thanks
Gil

Gil,

The weather in Dallas has been crappy this whole week. I have only been in the plane once...backseated on another student's XC. I would have been in the plane starting on day 3 but weather has kept me on the ground instead. I've spent prob 5-7 hours this past week in the new AST-300 Sim. Getting my checklists and procedures memorized for the MEL Private checkride (which was scheduled for this coming Tues...but looks like it'll get pushed back b/c of weather). So basically you spend a week between the sim and airplane and you take your multi private. It's actually as advertised in the ATP brochure how long each stage takes I think. Either way, after that I get about a month to prep for my instrument ride...but since I already have the requirements, I'll spend a week learning seminole procedures for approaches and then take my ride. Then it's on to the XC phase!!
laugh.gif
So while I haven't been in the plane very much this week, I'm still confident about my material and knowledge. So far, ATPs training is right on! It's fast...but you do learn your stuff.

Sorry, forgot to answer a few of your questions:

A) Plenty of time to sit at home and study...or do other things!
grin.gif

B) They schedule the checkrides...but if you're not ready (as in my case b/c I have yet to fly as PIC) they'll push them back for you.

C) This past week I've gotten to the airport around noon/1PM and gone by 4-5. Again...mostly b/c of sim time.

SigAV8R

Back