Get rich: go to Wisconsin and become a pilot

secretapproach

This is from Sierra Bravo Flight Training in Wisconsin Sierra Bravo:

"How about a career as a pilot? Hmmm... Lets see, 15 work days a month for a 100 grand a year from an office with a view even Enron executives cant have. You decide."

Sign me up, man!

Oh lord. Here I've been home three days in the past two weeks, I think I signed up for the from $100k/year airline!

And the most "nebulous" part: Remember, Its Not What You Pay For, But What You Get.

Anyone want to have a contest to think up what "Sierra Bravo" stands for?
smile.gif

I think they got the letters backwards,, Bravo Sierra....B#$%#T.
They do not even offer commercial training. Their rates are good but the location sucks. I am paying more for the same plane and training, but I am also at a towered airport (KFCM) and so close to MSP Class B, that I have to be careful when climbing out.

[ QUOTE ]
When your training is complete you will be signed off to take your practical test. It is given by a FAA designated examiner and consists of an oral and flight test. They normally take about 2 hours.  Your Private Pilots Certificate will be with you for a lifetime.

Course cost: $1700.00

Course fee does not include:  FAA exam fee, 3rd class medical, aircraft time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anybody notice that last phrase there?
crazy.gif

Kind of misleading advertising.

[ QUOTE ]
"How about a career as a pilot? Hmmm... Lets see, 15 work days a month for a 100 grand a year from an office with a view even Enron executives cant have. You decide."

[/ QUOTE ]

Well now I dunno. I've only worked one day in the past eight days. But I also don't make anywhere near $100K.
grin.gif

Go to WISCONSIN to be a pilot? I'm not knocking Wisconsin, I was born and raised there, and I went to college about 40 miles from Bay City, (UW-River Falls) Lemme tell you, the weather up there is no place to try to learn to fly! You'd be weathered so much, it would take forever.

Not to mention it gets COLD up there.

You'd have great and varied experience with all kinds of weather. Thunderstorms, tornados, hail, snow, blizzards, thunder-snow, winds, muggy summers, you name it, it happens weather-wise in Wisconsin. (Except maybe hurricanes, or typhoons)

If you are really lucky one of those tornadoes will suck up a pond and it will rain frogs and fish.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahh yes, another Wisconsinite!

So if I say, "Save big money at Menaaaaaaaaaaards!" it'll drive you nuts, eh?
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

<fingers in ears> LALALALALALALALALALALALALA

red wing is actually in MN. but the apt is across the river in wisconsin. either way, the apt is a long ways from nowhere,

Doug, are you a Packer fan or a Cardinal fan

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahh yes, another Wisconsinite!

smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't you mean freeze them off???

I did all of my training and instructing up here in Wisconsin. I still live here. It's not too bad for training. I've never heard of that flight school. The $1700 for 45 hours of instruction (20 ground 25 flight) is about $37/hr which is a little steep for the North Woods. The Baron rates seem reasonable, but it's a handful of an airplane for training.

Doug I wish you hadn't printed the Menard's quote. I spend my precious few days at home avoiding those ads on TV. Now it's stuck in my head. For a while they had a cute girl doing the ads, but about two years ago they switched back to the old man.

I bet you miss the brats and beer though! In fact, this weekend is the Harley 100th aniversary bash in MKE and Brat Fest in MSN! Now that's True Blue Wiscaansin!

[ QUOTE ]
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Doug, that drove me nuts back in my days in Champaign. Ask flychicaga about that. It seemed like every single radio station had to run that ad!

Back