Furloughs and open time

Perhaps someone in the crashpad should see to it that this little sack of #### wakes up in the morning to find his tires slashed and unable to get to work to fly his precious open time.

Dude, then how will the other guys get to work? No wonder the mesa crew didn't show up for my DH(if they had any pilots left). ALPA guys are slashing their tires.

Just joined your group, Spira. :)

Sorry, but I have little sympathy for any ####### that picks up open time while people are on the street. I rode the employee bus today out to the parking lot with a guy in plain clothes that had just turned in his manuals and ID. He said that he handed over an airplane on his last leg to a crew of two Captains. The second Captain was picking up FO open time. I had to restrain myself from putting my fist through the bus window. Needless to say, this furloughed pilot wasn't exactly happy about it, either.

September 3, 2008
Dear Mesa and Freedom Pilot Team:
The airline industry has changed dramatically during the last several months. Our code share partners have all announced staffing and flight schedule reductions.
Our company, in particular, has gone from expanding our business to flying fewer planes. On the good news front, this has positively impacted our pilot staffing issues. Junior assignments are down 84.2 percent since June. Our staffing ratios are higher now than they have been over the past several years due to the output of our training department of new Captains and First Officers and the reduction in attrition to the majors.
As a result of our increased pilot staffing, and in an effort to keep our costs in line we are suspending our voluntary 200% premium pay for volunteer and junior assignment flying. If you are junior assigned or voluntarily pick up open trips you will be paid 150% premium pay in accordance with your collective bargaining agreement.
We hope you understand we must control our costs carefully during this unsettled time in the airline industry.
Regards and Fly Safe!
Jorn P. Bates
Ryan Gumm
COO – Mesa Airlines, Inc.
COO - Freedom Airlines, Inc.
Just saw this today. I guess now anyone who picks up open time is not only an • but really desperate for that dollar dollar bill yall.

Mesa is reducing flight operations expense, and yet their General and Administrative expense is up 74% for the last quarter from the previous year.

Perhaps someone in the crashpad should see to it that this little sack of #### wakes up in the morning to find his tires slashed and unable to get to work to fly his precious open time.
Advocacy of illegal behavior like this is the main reason I have a distaste for unions.

You're a piece of work, Mr Gulfstream PFJ'er. With this one post, you've made it clear you're nothing more than a common street thug.

Being one of the many pilots that just got furloughed I appreciate people not picking up open time. Within the last week in one of our crew rooms there was a sign that was telling people not to pick up open time. Of course it was removed by someone within a few hours. What really gets me fired up is a buddy of mine was flying his last leg before we all got furloughed. He tells me that the FO taking his spot gets on and says that he feels bad for us getting furloughed. And then this piece of #### proceeds to tell my buddy that he just picked up a four day trip out of open time. :banghead:

Advocacy of illegal behavior like this is the main reason I have a distaste for unions.

You're a piece of work, Mr Gulfstream PFJ'er. With this one post, you've made it clear you're nothing more than a common street thug.

Score:

aloft 10
PCL 0

OWNED!!

This comes from a guy who sympathizes with GoJet pilots, and has his finger on the submit button with his resume ready to go.

This comes from a guy who sympathizes with GoJet pilots, and has his finger on the submit button with his resume ready to go.
You assume quite a bit there, chief.

Are you really saying that GoJet does more to lower the bar than Gulfstream PFJ'ers? Really?

That would work if people weren't selfish...but in reality people don't care.

Well no #### Sherlock. :)

It's not my job to regulate how someone picks up open time. But as I said, if my company was sending people out to the street, and I was lucky enough (lucky! haha. . .whatever) to still be employed, I personally - you see - personally would not be picking any of it up - not like I would have any ability to decide if I should pick it up as I'd surely be at he bottom of the seniority list even further down than I am now. And, if I happened to fly with someone who WAS picking up open time, or if I knew some of my other FO buddies were picking up open time, you can be damn sure they would get a nice cordial ear full about what negative impacts they are doing by being selfish while someone who has a family and has real life expenditures to take care of are out on the street or unemployment line.

Reality people don't care - disagree, a number of us here care enough to say enough. Now, the selfish ######-bags that still exist. . .I'm sure there are ways to challenge them and have them see the light. Granted, the anti-brotherhood bunch amongst us will of course not be swayed. Fortunately, they are easy to pick out.

Man oh man. . .you're full of it.

First a sky pointer, now you're once again - same pattern of ridiculous nonsense - bringing up the negative pasts of a member who has accepted responsibility for his actions, done countless hours of pro-profession work on his off time, and are now equating him to a common street thug. What exactly have you done in your time as a professional pilot to be an advocate for the profession? Applying or having even the desire and thoughts to apply at GoJets doesn't even come close to being an advocate for the profession. . .but . . .I must be assuming you were seriously contemplating going down that road months back.

Lemme ask you this, how many common street thugs have you encountered? And now, not the ones on BET, or on MTV's G's to Gents. . .really. . .how many have you encountered in your life?

Personally, I can count on both hands my encounters with street thugs. Let's just say I've made an effort in my life to "rehabilitate" some of these individuals on my time off. . .and Todd is no where near Street thug material.

But whatever - continue spewing your filth. It's been a few weeks, figured we were due for some more intelligent guidance from Aloft to tell us how we should be running the show his way, all the while - he has no vested interested in how the show is ran.

I hope the Aerial photography season treats you well buddy.

You assume quite a bit there, chief.

Are you really saying that GoJet does more to lower the bar than Gulfstream PFJ'ers? Really?

I think your trying to justify any decision you make regarding applying to GoJet.

Here is the thing I dont get about you. You obviously want to get on with an Airline. JC is a great tool to do that. This is a place to network, and make friends. Your not really doing a good job of that. I have witnessed posts where you have even bashed the founder of this website!!

There is a member on these boards that has about the same amount of time as you. He networked, and became friends with people on these boards. 2 days ago I walked in his resume along with 3 other Captains letter of recommendations, BECAUSE OF THESE BOARDS. He now has an interview on Monday with Colgan.

Sorry to get off topic. I apologize to the mods.

Paying for a job and essentially flying for free, if that doesn't lower the bar, then it's at least pretty idiotic.

I'm pretty sure Todd will agree it is pretty idiotic. So, you're essentially speaking to the choir.

Not that you really care or anything. ;)

Back