FS2004 BUNDLE!

Prospective_Pilot

Pre-order Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight and get a Charles Lindbergh - Ryan NYP Spirit of St. Louis Scale Model FREE!

For a Limited time, this game will be shipped in a Special Edition Collector's Tin!

www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?product_code=17873&pfp=BROWSE

Just pre-ordered it. Should arrive on the 31st of July, I hope.......
grin.gif
I just couldn't wait any longer when I saw this on the Compusa website.
grin.gif

-Amos
cool.gif

Yeah thankfully now everyone can get 'pro' at the lower price. (yes only one edition) I think no one was buying the normal edition so they axed it, except for me, I got it as a present and even though I specified pro I still got the regualar edition
frown.gif
Ah well it was free can't complain,

hey did anyone else get a combat sim bonus aircraft with their copy of FS2002? I got a WWII US Navy fighter, a F-4U? it has working tail hook, speed brakes and folding wings which is kinda cool but it's an absolute be-arch to taxi! (tail dragger with high HP engine)
I also got a FS poster and stategy guide in the box but that's another story.

[ QUOTE ]
hey did anyone else get a combat sim bonus aircraft with their copy of FS2002?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I did.

I think the only difference with FS2002 pro edition are the extra aircrafts which you can just download from www.avsim.com

I just bought the regular one cause it was cheaper. In FS2002, what exactly does the pro have that the regular doesn't?

Don't feel like you're the only one, I got the non-professional edition also. It was cheaper!!

Funny, they give you a B777 in the non-professional edition but a Beech Baron in the professional edition?

FS2002 Pro edition has 16 aircrafts while the regular version only has 12. I believe that is the only difference. Here is the FS2002 website which will tell you........ http://www.microsoft.com/games/fs2002/features.asp

Now I kinda wish I had just bought the regular version of FS2002. Don't see the point wasting money just to get the extra crappy default aircrafts that fly like bricks. Dislike them with such a passion!
mad.gif
I guess I bought the Pro edition because I didn't know how to add aircrafts back then. I now have 198 aircrafts added on to FS2002!!!!!!!
grin.gif

cool.gif

Hey...FS2002 Pro had a few aircaft that the regular version did not, I believe. The Beechcraft Baron and the Beechcraft Bonanza...

"I now have 198 aircrafts added on to FS2002!!!!!!!
grin.gif
"

Wow, 198 a/c!!? I thought I had alot added. Maybe 75 or so, haven't counted.

With pro you get Beech Barron, Mooney Barvo, King Air 350, a caravan with normal wheels. You also get somthing like an extra 5 super detailed airports, ramps, vechicles etc etc

I dunno I quite like the FS small aircraft, like the 172 they've had 20yrs to prefect, plus you get virtual cockpit, superdetailed plane, opening doors, and no bugs. The heavies are another matter, not bad but hard to beat the Meljet 777 and 747, even the wings flex!

The "EXTRA" detailed airports aren't anything special. Again you can just download better scenery from avsim....lol...The small aircrafts are pretty decent in FS2002. As for the heavies I prefer the Project Opensky 777's and 747's since I have issues with the Meljet aircrafts. The nose gear on some of Meljets 777's slams the runway on landing and it doesn't matter how you come in to land..and no it's not because of me and how I fly the plane. It's the plane itself that can't fly!!!!! The pitch control goes all screwy and out of control and sometimes even put the plane in a uncontrollable stall. As for the 747's very nice but the reaction to my joystick is too slow. And they seem to have fuel efficiency problems too....
crazy.gif

[ QUOTE ]
The pitch control goes all screwy and out of control and sometimes even put the plane in a uncontrollable stall.

[/ QUOTE ]
CG?

you all need to start using X-PLANE. MSFsim is just a game where as x-plane is a true simulator. It has the most accurate physics and flight model of any desktop flight sim. It also has been FAA approved for training towards your Instrument, Commercial, and ATP certificates. It is being used in Motus simulators. It is also used by PIPER to flight test their aircraft, in fact you can go to PIPER's website and download the x-plane aircraft for use with the sim. Other people using it are Carter Copter, Scaled Composites, and Bell uses it for testing of the new 609 Tilt Rotor. A real nice feature is the ability to load realtime weather. You can download the most recent Metar for the entire world and X-plane will load the actual weather according to where you are flying. I highly recommend this simulator over any other out there. here is the website and another website for which you can download hundreds of aircraft and scenery for the sim. You can download a demo version and fly for 5 minutes and after that you will lose control, but you can fly forever using autopilot. You need a faster computer to run this simulator but it is well worth it. have fun......

www.x-plane.com (simulator)
www.x-plane.org (aircraft and scenery)

I bought X-plane back in 2001. Must have bought a faulty version or something. It was impossible to do anything and also messed my computer up pretty bad which forced me to have to uninstall it. All I remember about the game is the cockpits were worse than FS2002. Guess you can download more realistic ones from "avsim" but...

You know what..I'm going to look for it and give it another try. I think I have it stitting around somewhere.......
crazy.gif

Indeed, X-plane, in any version, is 10 times more fun and realistic than MSF. While the Microsoft sim has its own virtues, such as beautiful scenery and an incredible # of airports, X-plane has far superior flight physics and the aircraft respond to control imputs much quicker. None of the MSF fans probablly realize it, but just try X-plane, you will quickly find out that there is a lag in the control response of MSF aircraft.

Prospective Pilot:
Which version do you have. I have 5.66 and even though it is out dated by version 6 & 7 I still love it. Its true that some of the cockpits and the scenery are not as attractive as MSFS but the good thing about x-plane is that all of that can be modified. Most of the bigger planes that come with the program have a nice looking realistic cockpit, but some just have a cheasy generic cockpit but it is all you need. I've gotten into building my own planes and creating my own scenery and it is a blast, I also do a lot of painting of the planes. Building planes is tough but once you get the hang of it, it is a blast. If you have a fast computer try version 7 it is much much better than any earlier version.
Just go to the website and dig around, there is some cool stuff.
If you have multiple computer monitors(3 is perfect) you can set that up in x-plane to have your own little FTD. cool.. the best place to download stuff for x-plane is www.x-plane.org
I just love this program.

I searched for it in everyplace where is was likely to be, but still wasn't able to find it....Maybe I gave it to some friend or something. I don't remember what I did with it..

Well, anyway I just downloaded the demo and I'll look into X-plane a little more. Might even buy version 7.....I'll see....
wink.gif

Back