Frontier Posting (Apr 2024)

Just got email for 2 hour virtual interview with hiring manager. Does anyone know what that's like? Panel interview with HR and Dispatch? What's the process after the virtual interview?

Thanks for any insight

Just got email for 2 hour virtual interview with hiring manager. Does anyone know what that's like? Panel interview with HR and Dispatch? What's the process after the virtual interview?

Thanks for any insight
it's a panel interview with a manager, hr, and a dispatch dsoc.
there will be technical questions, HR questions, and longevity questions.
They're more tightly wound than any group of people I have ever met.

I imagine they are referring to exemption 3585 / 17347 for dispatching when forecast is below landing mins temporarily. Most carriers have a high minimums exemption allowing high mins captains to shoot a Cat II but I'm unsure of Frontier's policy.

Anyone actually heard back with an interview time after giving their availability slots? Supposedly they start tomorrow but would rather know prior to day of

To anyone currently there - do many dispatchers live in or near downtown? I know previously it would have been tight financially to do so but with the new contract seems much more doable. Also I know I'm putting the cart before the horse a bit here with offers (presumably) not out - but looks like the last few classes have had pretty short notice so I figure better to be ready to go if the call comes.

You definitely don’t want to live downtown. Overpriced. Noisy. And your commute from there to the OCC on I-70 (while being a straight shot), would be a parking lot both ways.
To anyone currently there - do many dispatchers live in or near downtown? I know previously it would have been tight financially to do so but with the new contract seems much more doable. Also I know I'm putting the cart before the horse a bit here with offers (presumably) not out - but looks like the last few classes have had pretty short notice so I figure better to be ready to go if the call comes.

Oh no worries. I spent some time there before getting into flight dispatching. An ideal commute would be from any of the new developments in Green Valley Ranch or off of Tower rd. That being said, while the area itself is nice and new and shiny, it still has a lot of crime that happens since that part of town used to be the affordable corner of Denver. My personal recommendation for anyone moving to Denver (and making enough to pay to play) would be to look at Parker, Lone Tree, or Highlands Ranch if they were willing to sacrifice a crappy commute for a better area. The closest decent area to F9's HQ would probably be the Reunion development north of F9 and northwest of DIA (if you call it DEN the locals will out you as a transplant immediately.). That being said as far as I knew there was mostly homes in Reunion and not many apartment options. Although that whole area is booming into an "airport city" so wait 5 minutes and 17 new apartment complexes will pop up. Average rent for a 1 Bed 1 Bath apartment run's about 1500-1800 based on location and quality. Renting a house will set you back around 2.8k-4.0k, again based on quality and location. Denver is a dope place to live and I still visit often to visit friends and past colleagues.

You definitely don’t want to live downtown. Overpriced. Noisy. And your commute from there to the OCC on I-70 (while being a straight shot), would be a parking lot both ways.
With the hours worked, I almost never had traffic on I-70 either direction. It is pricier for sure (as any downtown area is), but I really enjoyed living within walking distance of Coors Field and all there was to do.

Back