Front Page of The NY Times

Mesa's stock is in the hands of the day traders. It has a large short ratio right now. I've still trippled my money with it, but I don't expect anything else until news on Delta ruling (any day now) comes out.

Even after all this our company was still trying to figure out how to get us into Kennedy last night while flirting with our 16 hour duty limit. We had a show time that morning of 6:00 am and our last leg to JFK had an EDCT of 8:30 pm, that would have pushed us over but somehow dispatch got it pushed back to 7:00.(Dispatch said that the code share did it????) Landed in JFK with 1/16 sm visibility on the ATIS and 2500 RVR with gusty winds none the less and all after 15 hours at work. (Never thought I would see visibility like that with gusty winds but..) Luckily we both were well rested and lived in base or we would have called fatigue. I remember commuting from the west coast and there is no way I would have been "in the game" last night.

I'm glad this is finally getting attention, even if it does make the public slightly suspicious of us regional crews. I had a pax, newspaper in hand, corner me this morning on my way to the lav on a deadhead and start asking about pilot experience in regional airplanes. I politely told him I've been flying for nearly 10yrs and that we do in fact know what we're doing. The very next leg I had a pax with the audacity to practically step over the FA to poke her head in the cockpit and directly ask me how old I am. I'm sure this will be increasingly common but I dont mind so long as some good comes of it. At the very least pax deserve to know that they are NOT flying on the airline who's paint job is boldly plastered on the side of the aircraft.

I'm glad this is finally getting attention, even if it does make the public slightly suspicious of us regional crews. I had a pax, newspaper in hand, corner me this morning on my way to the lav on a deadhead and start asking about pilot experience in regional airplanes. I politely told him I've been flying for nearly 10yrs and that we do in fact know what we're doing. The very next leg I had a pax with the audacity to practically step over the FA to poke her head in the cockpit and directly ask me how old I am. I'm sure this will be increasingly common but I dont mind so long as some good comes of it. At the very least pax deserve to know that they are NOT flying on the airline who's paint job is boldly plastered on the side of the aircraft.

And we shouldn't sugar-coat it either. The Trip7s, cencals, etc., need to tell those who ask, yes I am this age (26) and I have 1100 hours...

The only thing that peeves me about it is the implication that I need to be losing what's left of the grey hair I don't have to be a 'good' pilot in the eyes of the public. The image of Sully being the pilot's pilot, and a lot of us looking nothing like the pax's preconceptions of what a safe pilot should look like (uniform appearance and professionalism aside.) Oh well, part of the job I guess.

The only thing that peeves me about it is the implication that I need to be losing what's left of the grey hair I don't have to be a 'good' pilot in the eyes of the public.

Young guys still think they're bulletproof, old guys are very much aware of their mortality.

As the saying goes, "there are old pilots and there are bold pilots, but there are no old, bold pilots".

Hard to argue with that.

Young guys still think they're bulletproof, old guys are very much aware of their mortality.

As the saying goes, "there are old pilots and there are bold pilots, but there are no old, bold pilots".

Hard to argue with that.

Very true words....:)

Although there will come a day when people will think you're TOO old to do a job and question that as well. :(

Very true words....:)

Although there will come a day when people will think you're TOO old to do a job and question that as well. :(

Yeah I'll agree with that. I remember some crazy kid students I had.

Now Qgar, you put me and Hernan up front flying together and it'll look like the teenage rebellion. And thats with his braces OFF!

Yeah I'll agree with that. I remember some crazy kid students I had.

Now Qgar, you put me and Hernan up front flying together and it'll look like the teenage rebellion. And thats with his braces OFF!

Haha, now that's funny! I <3 Hernan!!! Flew with him on the Saab and then on the Q a few times. I never met you (and being gone from Colgan, I probably never will :() but I'll never forget the trip I flew with Hernan and one of our youngest FO's Nik..(another JC'er). The 2 of them are so baby-faced I advised them to stay locked behind the door so as not to shock the pax. Man, did I feel like Mother Hen THAT trip! LOL....:laff:

Not all young guys think that they are bulletproof. I started flying when I was 19, and I am 28 now. I have always been very aware of my mortality when I sit behind the controls of any aircraft. It is that awareness that has helped keep me out of trouble since I started my flying career.

Back