Fortune #1 Company Hiring Pilots - 10/7/08

ZapBrannigan

If it ain’t a Boeing, I’m not going. No choice.
Ok guys, it's on the public website. So call your friends who may be furloughed or otherwise out of work. Looks like they decided on no flight-time minimums this time around. They hire people -- not logbooks. Good luck!

1. Go to: http://walmartstores.com/Careers/8139.aspx?p=7745
  2. Click the green "Search for a position" button
  3. Click DETAILED SEARCH and enter the job ID number below.

This process will move quickly, so don't dilly dally!

Job ID: 26968
Title: Learjet Pilot
Relocation Available: Yes
Date Posted: 10/7/08

Requirements:
1. Second Class Medical
2. FAA Commercial AMEL with Instrument Rating
3. Relocation to within 1 hour drive of Rogers, Arkansas
4. Ability to achieve Learjet 30 series type-rating

Recruiting video available here:
http://walmartstores.com/Careers/7687.aspx?p=7683

I had read about the possibility of this on another site. Good luck to all those out there. I will not be putting my hat in the ring this time...

It doesn't work on Firefox, but I haven't had any problem on Explorer.

Ability to achieve Lear type?

What exactly do they mean by that Zap? Pay for the type deal, and then maybe we'll hire you? Or, come work for us, sign this contract, and we'll pay for your training when we hire you. . .

:)

Ability to achieve Lear type?

What exactly do they mean by that Zap? Pay for the type deal, and then maybe we'll hire you? Or, come work for us, sign this contract, and we'll pay for your training when we hire you. . .

:)

I'm not Zap, but I'm pretty sure they mean the latter.

They just want you to examine your experience critically and honestly say that if they make the investment in your training, that you will be able to pass a type-rating. If you've typed in an airplane before, that is a good indication that you would be able to do so again.

Newhires are typed immediately at FlightSafety TUS in the LRJET.

AirVenture, PM me with your horror stories and i'm sure i'll be able to put them to rest. This is a good place to settle for a career -- and those of you who know me and my experience know that I don't use the word "career" lightly.

You think they would hire another Comair guy :D

Don't know much about the operation. All I heard is that you have to share a room on overnights? True?

Is there a TT minimum, or competitive times at least? I mean, what prevents a new CMEL from applying, with a small, but existent chance of getting an FO job?

CRJdriver. In the past they've hired pilots from Delta, USAir, TWAamerican, Comair, ASA, Horizon, Corpex, Aloha Island Air... and NO -- we do NOT share hotel rooms.

They did share rooms at one time years and years ago, but since fatigue is a safety issue it was done away with long before I started working there.

Radu38J. No minimums on the job posting above. You know as much as I do. I'm not on the hiring committee so I dont know what they'll be looking for in order to select people for the phone interview. That being said, the last 10 people hired ranged from about 1500TT to 9000TT. Most had at least one type rating and prior crew experience.

Hey Zap! What is the pay for FOs? What kind of trips and schedule?

Is J. Hall still at Wal-Mart? I know her from UND and I think she went there. I think CAFFEINE might know her too :D

Looking to hire 3 people.

Yes JH is here. Just upgraded to Captain.

FO pay starts at $50K plus up to 10% bonus plus $6000 RSU plus relocation.

Trips... probably 75% daytrips. Depart at 6:15am and home by 17:30. The other 25% anywhere from 2 day to 5 day trips. Could be one leg to an FBO to sit all day...or 5 legs. Anywhere from Alaska to Guatamala to Puerto Rico to Halifax and everywhere in-between.

PM if you have more specific questions. Please do NOT PM to ask me to write you a recommendation if we haven't flown together. And think -- We're hiring 3 pilots. We have 75. If all 75 wrote 1 letter of recommendation, and the hiring committee acted upon them all, there would still be 72 people who wouldn't get the interview. Please do not be upset if things don't go your way this time.

Corporate (Fortune 500) is NOT like the airlines in terms of hiring. We don't hire often and when we do, we don't hire big classes, so it's very competitive.

Hey Zap! What is the pay for FOs? What kind of trips and schedule?

Is J. Hall still at Wal-Mart? I know her from UND and I think she went there. I think CAFFEINE might know her too :D

Yeah I had J.H. for Arrow systems way back in the day. Maybe she can put in a good word for me :)

CRJDriver, have we met?

Jason

way back in the day.

Why do I feel like if you told me when "way back in the day" was, i'd feel really old?

If you're going to contact JH or anyone else to try and get a LOR, I suggest you move quickly. My understanding is they will start selecting candidates for phone interview this week and close the window by the middle of next week.

Just Applied... sounds like a great job. Thanks for posting it.

I've been in fear of getting furloughed for a while now and it's driving me crazy... i'm probably going to get displaced sometime next week and my QOL which is near zero should hit -zero- - so thanks again.

They just want you to examine your experience critically and honestly say that if they make the investment in your training, that you will be able to pass a type-rating. If you've typed in an airplane before, that is a good indication that you would be able to do so again.

Newhires are typed immediately at FlightSafety TUS in the LRJET.

Very well, I'm sure people who hold a much stronger, militant stance on contracts and paying for a type to get a job would have had nukes ready.

Either way, best of luck to any applicants.

Back