Former DUATS 1800Wxbrief app??

MaRiO FDZ

JJ Abrams you Insensitive Bastard.
Hello fellas

quick one. Is there an iphone app for the former DUATS site?? Now 1800wxbrief but Either I’m not looking right or there’s not an app around.

If the latter, what app would you recommend for quick Flight plan filing??

flying I use JEPPVIEW mostly I gotta upgrade my Ipad to a GPS one.

thanks y’all

FltPlan Go from fltplan.com
03607C41-2983-4CF1-B90E-6B82B3E3CEEA.jpeg

The FAA shut down all DUAT access in 2018.

The only "official" online access is through the Leidos website, which has an ok, not spectacular, mobile mode. The Feds squishily admit that a briefing through other sources, such as Foreflight, Garmin Pilot, FltPlan or other online planners is "OK".

When DUAT fired up in late 1980s, was the absolute shiz.

The FAA shut down all DUAT access in 2018.

The only "official" online access is through the Leidos website, which has an ok, not spectacular, mobile mode. The Feds squishily admit that a briefing through other sources, such as Foreflight, Garmin Pilot, FltPlan or other online planners is "OK".

When DUAT fired up in late 1980s, was the absolute shiz.
I know they did. It got replace with 1800wxbrief.com

looking for other options. I f ind FLTPLAN is a bit too non-intuitive for me but if I must I must.

looking for other options. I f ind FLTPLAN is a bit too non-intuitive for me but if I must I must.

Well, technically it didn’t get replaced, they just terminated the DUAT program.

DTC DUAT, which got terminated first (figures), about two years before they pulled the plug on the whole program, had an awesome app that was perfect for low bandwidth. You could file and brief in one hand.

Huh, 1-800-WXB-RIEF is basically useless unless you have previously setup an account at 1800wxbrief.com and tied your phone number to it.

Huh, 1-800-WXB-RIEF is basically useless unless you have previously setup an account at 1800wxbrief.com and tied your phone number to it.

I dislike 1800wxbrief automated menu, the interface is horrible.

I usually use fltplan.com to file. In this instance, our plane was "broke" and I had just received my ferry permit to move it, day vfr. We were on our way from the hotel to the airport so I thought I'd the old WXbrief a go. Trying to get through the automated gate keeper to actually talk to a guy was less than desirable.

Non-intuitive? I can get a flight plan filled with preferred routing or wind optimized in under a minute from login.

Non-intuitive? I can get a flight plan filled with preferred routing or wind optimized in under a minute from login.

Yup +1. I will say though it did take an initial learning curve which, after I futzed around with it a bit I can file pretty darn quick. My previous employ, we didn't file, our "dispatcher" would have our flight tasking, WX, and NOTAMs on a clip board ready for us when showed for up for flight planning.

*Checks date of thread*

Uh, there are people who file on their own who DON'T use ForeFlight? Huh! The more you know!

There's a pilot in my shop who just recently asked me what our FltPlan.com account login in was. I made that account 10 years ago and haven't touched it in 6 years. Oh, and we spent $14,000 on iPads and pay $6000 a year to Foreflight. But sure, use FltPlan.com.

*Checks date of thread*

Uh, there are people who file on their own who DON'T use ForeFlight? Huh! The more you know!

There's a pilot in my shop who just recently asked me what our FltPlan.com account login in was. I made that account 10 years ago and haven't touched it in 6 years. Oh, and we spent $14,000 on iPads and pay $6000 a year to Foreflight. But sure, use FltPlan.com.

I use both? fright plan dot com and my fore flight?

*Checks date of thread*

Oh, and we spent $14,000 on iPads and pay $6000 a year to Foreflight. But sure, use FltPlan.com.
Out of curiosity, how many licenses does 6k get you with Foreflight?

Or, you know, if you want a METAR or TAF, there’s this great iOS app called AeroWeather.

Foreflight is really good with the briefing/pack for trip/whatever they call it view -- showing you all of the weather products limited to your route, when you are passing that area. Big time saver for me. Takes maybe 2 or 3 minutes to see 99% of what I would be looking for.

Well, I know it does give you tons of information - that I don't need all the time. I downloaded the app, but again, setting it up I find it not user friendly. Learning curve is not flat.

Back