Forget Flying....

My instruments:

-American Fender Strat (my baby)
-Ovation Elec/Acoustic (deep cherry red...beautiful)
-Sigma Acoustic by Martin (my first)
-My Banjo (gotta have a banjo)
-Fender Telecaster (my next purchase)

what does everyone else play?

I used to play bass in a band called Blue Meanies. Got to do a lot of touring, etc. If you think that aviation is a tough business, try music.

TallFlyer, who do you drive for?

Dave

I am in The Northview Wildcat Marching band, I play the snare and quads. Thanks!

Dan Charles

P.S. If you look at the signature you will see a quote from Drumline!
cool.gif

9 Alpha Tango,

You do an competative drumline stuff through DCI or WGI? I auditioned for the Bluecoat's for '03 but got cut very VERY quickly do to an injury sustained during marching at college.

Cheers

John Herreshoff

I forgot the most important words a musician (any instrument) can hear after a good gig ...

"Don't quit your day job!"

[ QUOTE ]
I used to play bass in a band called Blue Meanies.

[/ QUOTE ]

Named after the Yellow Submarine's Blue Meanies?

I have a guitar sitting under my bed that was my mom's a long time ago; I've been meaning to teach myself how to play and probably should. Needs new strings and I need a tuner, too.

Wow, looks like I'm the only pianist (so far). Although it's been so long since I've played I don't know if I can even claim "pianist" anymore...

Maybe instead I should say I have a very beautiful black baby grand piano in our living room that serves mainly to support a vase of flowers.

tongue.gif

I'm still a band nerd - I'm tuba section leader for the Miami University Marching Band. I played alto and bari sax in HS in jazz, marching, and concert band.

Tuba joke -

How many tuba's does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

5, one to hold the lightbulb, four to drink until the room spins.

9AT- I went to HS at St. Johns in Toledo and junior high at McCord.

HEY averyrm are you from Toledo, OHIO??? Also, you are talking about Miami University of Ohio correct? Northview is going to Miamia Band day on the 27th!

Maybe I should learn to read the whole post before I decide to reply, Anyway, thats pretty cool.
grin.gif

I play / played piano, trumpet, trombone, baritone, and guitar. I only still really play the piano, though I jam on the guitar every once in a while.

We should start a JC band
laugh.gif

I drive for a ministry called Jews for Jesus. I'm in a 45-foot Van Hool coach thats pretty well equipped. Gross weight of about 51,000 pounds, and I've had it as high as 11,500 MSL, but unfortunately (or maybe fortunately!) always 0 AGL. Anyways, we do musical presentations in churches 5-6 nights a week as well as sunday mornings. Keeps me busy, and out of trouble. My first tour with them was 17 months, 60,000 miles, and 47 states, and I did ALL the driving.

Back