For the road camera backpack

I bought my wife the Niko Messenger from Chrome Bags - http://www.chromeindustries.com/us/en/bags/camera-bags/niko-messenger

She loves this bag and used it quite a bit when she was shooting weddings and outdoor events. The straps are very secure for all kinds of activity, and the bag doesn't look like a regular camera bag to give you a bit of stealth factor.

Everything Chrome makes is a bit spendy, but bulletproof. I have two of their messenger bags and one backpack - and I have used them for all manner of travel needs. I have filled the backpack with ice and beer, actually. Worked great. Highly recommend the quality.

Im pretty curious how the LowePro 350 is working out. Looking to get that exact pack.
I dig the pack...it's a huge bag (that's what she said), but I can carry all equipment that I need in it. I wish I had gotten the AW version since it rains a little bit here in the NW. The only thing the bag is missing is a strap that allows me to slide it over my luggage handle, but I'm going to have a local cobbler add one of those. Overall, very happy with it.

10421115_10103857167866520_4932346046656235529_n.jpg

Im pretty curious how the LowePro 350 is working out. Looking to get that exact pack.

I also have the Lowepro 350, for about 2 months now.

My only dislike is the section where the camera goes, there is nothing to take up the extra space above and below the camera. And it's not like they make cameras much larger than a 5D. So it kind of just plops in there.

However, it fits my 17" laptop snugly, the side access camera pocket has been useful, and I really like that it stands up on its own because of the large, flat base.

So far it's been durable, however I can see things like the bottle holder wearing out quickly, it's made of a thin mesh material and of course being on the side gets easily rubbed/caught on things.

Something to ponder... I have the new model lowepro aw250, whick is the same size as the old 350... i personally find it on the small side... Supposedly the new 350 is larger...

Also on a trip to colorado the all weather cover paid for itself, it is worth it with only a nominal weight gain.

I realized that I never responded back with my own decision. Went with the Kenti from the folks at fstop and simply love it. It hit pretty much everything I was looking for in a travel bag. The only slight knock is the size, it's a touch small (won't fit a 15" laptop) but for my system now it's perfect otherwise. I also recently switched from Nikon DSLRs to Fuji X-T1. Loving mirrorless so far in so many ways. This bag will be perfect for hauling around my now much lighter kit!

http://shop.fstopgear.com/us/products/mountain/backpacks/kenti.html

I realized that I never responded back with my own decision. Went with the Kenti from the folks at fstop and simply love it. It hit pretty much everything I was looking for in a travel bag. The only slight knock is the size, it's a touch small (won't fit a 15" laptop) but for my system now it's perfect otherwise. I also recently switched from Nikon DSLRs to Fuji X-T1. Loving mirrorless so far in so many ways. This bag will be perfect for hauling around my now much lighter kit!

http://shop.fstopgear.com/us/products/mountain/backpacks/kenti.html

That looks like a really nice pack.

I've been using a Lowepro Photo Sport 200 AW for a few years. Great great bag.

I dig the pack...it's a huge bag (that's what she said), but I can carry all equipment that I need in it. I wish I had gotten the AW version since it rains a little bit here in the NW. The only thing the bag is missing is a strap that allows me to slide it over my luggage handle, but I'm going to have a local cobbler add one of those. Overall, very happy with it.

Did you ever get the strap put on for the luggage handle?

I got the 350AW for a month now and love it. That strap would make it the perfect pack for those who don't need to travel light.

That looks like a really nice pack.

I've been using a Lowepro Photo Sport 200 AW for a few years. Great great bag.

I've got one of those as well, perfect for mountain biking or a day hiking around. I've recently gone from half a dozen camera bags to three. Selling my old giant Vertex 300 and keeping the Sport 200 and the Kenti.

For the "on the tip" packing, I took a luggage works lunch box and fitted it with a padded compartment from one of my camera bags. Held the 5d3, 2 600ex-rt strobes, 24-105 and 70-200 2.8 is II without a problem. Easy to attach, and never got stolen, as it looked like a lunch bag.

Back