FOI Written Not Stamped...

Talon38

Hi all!
New to this forum, just had a quick question:
Took the FOI back in February in Florida and they did not stamp the written, now I have my appointment with the Boston FSDO this upcoming Friday, will this be an issue?
Thanks!
Talon38

I would get it stamped at the location you took the written before seeing the FSDO.

Don't go to the FSDO when you aren't prepared and make yourself look bad. Call and see if the test center has anything in their records to verify for you so they can stamp it.

I could be wrong but if you're taking a checkride, it probably isn't even legal for you to take the checkride with the missing stamp....because without the stamp, the written isn't legit?

That's what I was thinking, the problem is that I live in Massachusetts now and the testing center is in Florida. Wonder if a testing center up here could stamp it if I get the testing center in Florida to verify?

That's what I was thinking, the problem is that I live in Massachusetts now and the testing center is in Florida. Wonder if a testing center up here could stamp it if I get the testing center in Florida to verify?
I'd call Boston FSDO immediately and see what they say works.. Maybe a signed verification or maybe you can pay extra but expedite mail it now and have it stamped and return by Boston maybe. Definitely call and see what they say instead of assuming...that's my guess.

Are all the stamps the same? I'd doubt they'd notice but best to be open up front.

Given the superdigit code they enter on IACRA to verify the written test is valid, I doubt that would be affected by a seal.

Thank you for all your help! I called the testing center, they said it would be an issue and within the hour I received an email from OKC proving the legitimacy of my written, if anybody else has this problem in the future, I hope this helps!

Back