FO Question

• Thread starter Deleted member 27505
  • Start date
Not entirely sure. I almost never had to use it, but on a couple windy days I did.
Hmm. Garavan has no guard other than the gate for Beta. It's totally unauthorized in flight, but I've heard of guys pulling past the gate in the flare either to get a wheel down in a gusty crosswind or to kill the float when the aircraft is light.

Hmm. Garavan has no guard other than the gate for Beta. It's totally unauthorized in flight, but I've heard of guys pulling past the gate in the flare either to get a wheel down in a gusty crosswind or to kill the float when the aircraft is light.
Interesting. I dont know why the CASA has the guard, and the Garavan doesnt.

There is a very simple thing in most companies : 1000ft stabilized, 500ft continue, Minimums : continue. That's 3 chances to catch up before the 3rd go around from PNF at which point PNF may take controls. And just in case, the SideStick Priority button will make sure things are taken care of before you turn into light and heat...
Absolutely nothing wrong telling PF at 1000ft if not stabilized "hey doesn't look great, I'll go ahead and prepare for missed just in case" and be ready by 500ft to go missed so as not to be caught of guard at DA. Then you have a lot of options regarding a dangerous PF, from a firm explanation to a full report to CP. I'm not making this job to be killed by a guy in a hurry to get some beers....

Autothrust Blue said:
...quite literally. Warning, you're going to hear some guys die: YouTube Video CAUTION: DO NOT SET POWER LEVERS BELOW FLT IDLE IN FLIGHT
But that wasn't going past flight idle. They slammed them back and the bro can hang with that.

Um... What. Why?

Monthly line guarantee, not block-or-better. And on overage throughout the year, on a monthly basis one underblocks by 1-3 hrs. So pay is your monthly guarantee even if you go-around or divert somewhere. Chances are the rest of the month the underblock will make up for this overage.

Monthly line guarantee, not block-or-better. And on overage throughout the year, on a monthly basis one underblocks by 1-3 hrs. So pay is your monthly guarantee even if you go-around or divert somewhere. Chances are the rest of the month the underblock will make up for this overage.
What if you pick up a trip and then have something cancel later in the month? Origonal guarantee or line + What you picked up?

What if you pick up a trip and then have something cancel later in the month? Origonal guarantee or line + What you picked up?

Yes, plus what you picked up or adjusted. So for October I got a 83:54 line and swapped one 3-day trip worth 13:40 for another 3-day worth 19 hrs. That puts me at 89:14 for the month, guaranteed.

Yes, plus what you picked up or adjusted. So for October I got a 83:54 line and swapped one 3-day trip worth 13:40 for another 3-day worth 19 hrs. That puts me at 89:14 for the month, guaranteed.
19 hour 3 days? Can I get a jobby job? Where do I submit an appy app?

19 hour 3 days? Can I get a jobby job? Where do I submit an appy app?

Untitled.png

Not hiring at the moment but the window should open up in a few months as we take 10 planes from July '15 - June '16. The mins are ATP with 2,500 hrs TT and 1000 hrs turbine SIC or PIC. Bases are JFK, LAX, and NYC (JFK+EWR+LGA).
Well shoot, I need 700 more turbine. Dangit!

Back