Flying over Wal-Marts

I've got a two year old who is only now starting to potty train, so I feel qualified to speak about diapers. We tried a variety of brands in the beginning from store-brands to national brands. The BEST that we found in our area were the Sam's Club Member's Mark brand. (There is no Costco in town so I can't speak for the Kirkland brand).

The Member's Mark are .11 cents per diaper, which was far cheaper than any of the national brands. Like you, we were nervous about the cost of 300 diapers per month. They worked great. No leaks, no blowouts once we made the switch to Member's Mark. We kept him in those until we switched to Pull-Ups and still use them at night.

Not sure how I feel about Pull-ups. I am thinking they hinder potty training. Maggie thought they were still a diaper and would crap in them. Oddly, she caught on to the peeing in the toilet thing, yet was still happy to crap in her Pull-up. That is a mess. Sometimes I am not the brightest bulb in the tanning bed around kids...so, when I was alone and she crapped the Pull-up...I carefully pulled them down, trying to keep her from running off and not spill the turds out of the Pull-up. Anyway, my wife walks in while we are doing this delicate ballet and Maggie turds are falling to the floor and says "Ya dumb ass...why don't you get a pair of scissors, lay her down and cut them off and then its like a diaper?" Felt pretty stupid and her way worked better.

They should teach a whole semester in buisness school about Sam Walton.

I just finished my MBA, and there were several case studies in several different courses on WalMart.

Love them or hate them, so far as being a business in America they have done phenomenally well.

I just finished my MBA, and there were several case studies in several different courses on WalMart.

Didn't most of their success come after Walton left? Either way, their logistics are amazing and incredibly innovative. With regard to the environment, they are way ahead of other big corporations. They figured out that being green also saves them green in the long run.

They should teach a whole semester in buisness school about Sam Walton.

I had a professor in business school that often had us read and discuss articles and case studies on Sam Walton's business practices. Getting people to actually apply that, most of which is just good common sense, is another thing.

Walmart has been remodelings existing stores for a few years now and all the new stores arent the same old dirty white tiles, red line around each area, and gross carpeting. The lighting has been improved to be more natural and even the shelves and racks are getting improvements. And you can go to any store, ie. macy's, penny's, publix, shoprite, and still see many of the same issues. Class doesn't matter when it comes to people being classless. Dropping a bag of potato chips on the floor and looking at it and walking over it or running your shopping cart over it because it was in your way happens everywhere and is just plain trashy. There is music playing at walmart stores too. The same music you will find in many places.

Sounds liike the zoning board down there has some balls and/or there is a lack of property for Wal Mart to close down stores and build new ones instead remodeling existing ones, like what happens around here. Almost every town around here has a dead/dying strip mall that was once anchored by a Wal-Mart that was shuttered and got replaced by a Super Center two miles down the road.

That is probably my main beef about Wal-Mart, and alot of other big box retailers for that matter.

I like the $0.99 store because sometimes I don't want to get all dressed up to go to Wal-Mart.

Don't ask, and ye shall receive!!
dressedforwalmart.jpg

and having to wait behind 30 people to buy one item because only one of 30 registers is open.

:yeahthat: i really hate that part of wal-mart... but i shop there once a week on average

Almost every town around here has a dead/dying strip mall that was once anchored by a Wal-Mart that was shuttered and got replaced by a Super Center two miles down the road.

That is probably my main beef about Wal-Mart, and alot of other big box retailers for that matter.

Both Home Depot and Wally World have done that here. In both cases they moved less than a mile down the road. Two huge monstrosities, and two empty mini monstrosities on the same block.

And speaking of flying over walmarts, an Airnow bandit took out the garden center of one near MHT. That pilot survived, so its ok to make jokes about it. The paper had a great pic of it.

I dont have any grudge with walmart aside from minor things, and I try to only shop there past about 1am-3am...so I avoid most of the obese trailerpark customers....

But if I need a superstore in normal hours... TARGET FTW.

walmart = fat people and screaming babies
target = somewhat less fat people, and its usually very calm and quiet inside

Back