Flying in Australia

LOL!!
grin.gif

Uh - nosir - but, I'm pretty sure his Aunt can't marry him either.
wink.gif

Just trying to help a brotha out.

R2F
Thanks for the offer! I will definitely keep it in mind. We've just started looking into things at this end... the US embassy here don't seem to be that helpful unfortunately, but theyre bound to get sick of my questions sooner or later and just answer them!
grin.gif

Its funny, I can get a job in Sth Africa, Dubai and some parts of Europe... but the USA seems to be out of reach at this stage.

By the way, how is your flying going? Whats the latest?

Well keep me posted.

The flying is going well.. when it goes. WE've had a banner year....for rain. Which really is no problem as I'm Instrument Rated (as of Aug. 14th - thankyouverymuch!
grin.gif
), but I am working on the Multi-Engine/Instrument rating right now, and for maneuvers, you have to be above 3500 AGL... and - well - that's where the TS's are.
laugh.gif

Kidding - I'm about to finish the ME/I rating and will be starting FORTHWITH into finishing up the time-building "phase" for my SEL-Comm. ticket.

I'll only have about 50 hrs to build before starting the Comm. training with my instructor, so... hopefully, by the first of December or so, I'll be done with the Comm (both the SEL and MEL Comm.tickets) and working on my CFI.

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel (the training tunnel that is
wink.gif
).

R2F

[ QUOTE ]
f - What's your reason for wanting to come here?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't much like the hypocrisy and squabbling by our so-called elected officials while they sit back and collect checks from ME for running our country into the ground. In the US, the stupid / fat are the majority and until that changes, we're screwed. Plus if I watch too much more "American" TV I'm going to lose it.

Australia provides a democratic (not that I care) westernized country full of (from what I've heard) extremely pleasant people. The climate is also the best fit for me as far as westernized countries go. From what I've read and heard so far Perth appeals to me more then Sydney or somewhere else in eastern Australia (Brisbane, or down south in Melbourne). True the population is sparse, but is that entirely a bad thing?

That said, Snow pretty much reiterated what everyone else told me; No Work Here! So for the time being, I'm not moving any further south. Although, I hear Costa Rica is nice...
wink.gif

Thank you for your input Snow, I really got a lot out of this thread.

and n2o, ya can't beat Rossi, although Gibernau is giving him a run for his money. Superb season...one of the best of recent times.
cool.gif

I have heard great things about Australia, and am seriously considering heading down there for a while, and would possibly make it my home.

I just love the way Rossi gets behind Biaggi and makes him lose it. I hear rumors Rossi might jump to Ducati next year that would shake things up. It has been a pretty good season, I expected more from the WSB guy's. Bayliss isn't doing bad, I expected Haga and Edwards to be closer to the front, but then again they are developing new bikes, techincally they all are. Hayden got the dream ride ( I think that ride should have gone to Edwards, Honda really f#cked him over) and hasn't really produced much, though he has beeen the best American ride out there. Roberts and Hopkins might as well be riding horses, that Suzuki is either the bigest piece of crap or those two should just come home.
The WSB series has been pretty anti-climactic everyone that could ride left the series and most of the factory bikes left, leaving, big surprise Ducati to win another. I feel sad for Hodgson, yeah he won, but who did he really beat? His team mate Xaus? That poor bastard crashes just about every other race. Corser has a crap bike, Chili is way past his prime and hes so busted up.
Well thats way to much rambling and this has nothing to do with the subject, sorry!

My plan is to get my ratings and degree over here in the U.S, build time up at a regional, and then try my hardess to get on board with Qantas so I could move back to Australia. It would be my ultimate dream come true if I ever made it with Qantas, however, it's highly unlikely since A)They don't often employ people B) If I'm correct I believe they have the most challenging requirements to meet out of any major airline in the world. Well anyway....fingures cross hoping my dream comes true...If it don't then I don't got no future with aviation in Australia as sad as that will be.....but that's life and I'm sure I'll still be happy and content flying for a major airline in the U.S.

[ QUOTE ]
and am seriously considering heading down there for a while, and would possibly make it my home

[/ QUOTE ]

Well until about 25yrs ago Brits could vote in Australia, and you probably still don't need a visa to come here. Actually I think 30yrs ago all Australians had British Passports even

Well I am in Perth for a few weeks so I went to the CASA office at Perth airport to get a validated private ticket, It can only be private VFR and its $55AU plus $20 for Constant speed and another $20 for retractable gear so $95 total but it can take from 5 days to 2 weeks for them to verify your lic first with the FAA. Then I popped by Jandakot and looks like min of 5hrs (about $150hr) with an instructor here before they will let you hire a plane. So its quite expesive, maybe next time, I wanted to fly out to Rottnest. I would like to convert my Commercial Multi Instrument to Australia as well but it seems quite an involved process, has anyone else tried it?

Back