FlyDubai FZ1073

Not sure if I missed it, but if the aircraft descended that fast what were the structural stresses on it? I've seen stuff lingering online and wanted to know from a pilots perspective if the plane would have survived that or if it was false information.
 
Not sure if I missed it, but if the aircraft descended that fast what were the structural stresses on it? I've seen stuff lingering online and wanted to know from a pilots perspective if the plane would have survived that or if it was false information.
I mean, the plane lost it's rudder so I guess it depends on your definition of "survive".
 
Not sure if I missed it, but if the aircraft descended that fast what were the structural stresses on it? I've seen stuff lingering online and wanted to know from a pilots perspective if the plane would have survived that or if it was false information.
I just read an interview that the passenger basically got up there and just pulled back on the yoke. Given the speed they were probably at and his lack of concern for anything other than getting out of the dive they are all probably lucky the wings were still attached.
 
Sounds like the F/O used the crash axe. Wonder if the Capt was in his seat and dove the plane himself to throw the attacker off vs the F/O being at the controls like I assumed. FlyDubai plane attack by co-pilot was an attempted 'terrorist' act, UAE says
Apparently the copilot got out of the seat to pray enroute? And the Capt said that was something normal and not out of the ordinary. When he first hit him he thought it was an explosive decompression event until “the hits just kept coming.”
 
Apparently the copilot got out of the seat to pray enroute? And the Capt said that was something normal and not out of the ordinary. When he first hit him he thought it was an explosive decompression event until “the hits just kept coming.”

..and they don't stop coming.
Fed to the rules and I hit the ground running....
 
I just read an interview that the passenger basically got up there and just pulled back on the yoke. Given the speed they were probably at and his lack of concern for anything other than getting out of the dive they are all probably lucky the wings were still attached.

142 Instructors: "Okay, let's see how you did on that upset recovery."

1791141511489.png
 
Back
Top