Flybe is one of the first COVID-19 airline victims

Madness
w-2000_h-1500_m-cover_s-any__© Imaging the Light by Vincent Kok 2016.jpg

Cathay Pacific has parked half their fleet and cut 2/3 of their flights:

Also, the already struggling carrier Hong Kong Airlines will almost certainly go out of business before this is over.

Also, the already struggling carrier Hong Kong Airlines will almost certainly go out of business before this is over.

It would be a real shame to lose CX... Travelling in their First Class was a life experience that fed my airline nerdiness...

It would be a real shame to lose CX... Travelling in their First Class was a life experience that fed my airline nerdiness...

I don’t think we’ll lose CX. They have very strong backing from HK giant Swire and some mainland Chinese groups.

HK Airlines is a different matter... But they’ve been circling the drain for awhile.

Maybe, but they may end up like Hainan Airlines. The Chinese government may disolve the airline into other carriers to try to keep the jobs afloat. I guess that means airports like BOS and SJC may be seeing China Southern or China Eastern when the dust settles.

Hainan Airlines Owner, Chinese Aviation Giant HNA Group Gets Government Bailout, Enters State Control

I’d like to apologize to everyone. After 4.5 years of trying to convince myself that I was happy at my current company, I finally put some applications out. So...here we are.
Yeah, well... I'd like to apologize too. To myself... for once being dismayed and disheartened about being a mere GA/135 guy.

Back