Flight Kit Stickers

Lima86

I recently bought a vinyl cutter and have been playing around with it. I have been doing things (signs,banners) on a local level but I would like to start selling kit stickers online as well. I know there isn't a huge demand for kit stickers but do you guys have any advice? Certain stickers you'd like to see?

I'm surprised Boeing isn't going after him with the "similarity" of the pudgy designs...Cool idea though.

Im suprised the airlines themself allow it.. I know some airline employees that almost got fired because they went to a local embroidery shop and made a baseball cap with the airline logo on it. They wasnt even selling it, they just wanted a basic hat with a logo and the airlines said they did not have approval to use the logo.

I've actually purchased 1 or 2 from FlyStickers. He does a pretty good job, and if you don't see one you want on his website, you can ask him to customize you one.

Flight kit stickers are one of those weird sub-culture phenomena I dont understand. Here you have airline pilots who debate all over the internet about proper style, what haircuts are acceptable and which are faux pax, which sunglasses brands are good and which turn you into a Maverick wanna-be. They put on their crisp pressed bright white aviator shirt, their fitted suit coat, their polished shoes, and a smart clip on tie. They organize their gear in a really nice top grain leather flight kit.... and then they slap a bunch of cheap ugly stickers on it as if it were a skateboard deck?

I always see guys lugging around cases with B757 stickers...Even if they fly for a regional :)

Air Cargo Carriers has a bunch of their Shorts pilots who wear the big blue Boeing 777 or 787 ID lanyards. These kids are in their early 20s. I want to go up to them and ask "seeing your lanyard, how did you like flying the 777 or 787? What happened that you are now flying a Shorts?".

Flight kit stickers are one of those weird sub-culture phenomena I dont understand. Here you have airline pilots who debate all over the internet about proper style, what haircuts are acceptable and which are faux pax, which sunglasses brands are good and which turn you into a Maverick wanna-be. They put on their crisp pressed bright white aviator shirt, their fitted suit coat, their polished shoes, and a smart clip on tie. They organize their gear in a really nice top grain leather flight kit.... and then they slap a bunch of cheap ugly stickers on it as if it were a skateboard deck?
I couldn't agree more. I think kit stickers are ugly, tacky, unprofessional and just stupid when you have airplanes/airlines that said pilot(s) never flew/flew for.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk 2

Stickers rule. I somewhat miss hauling my kit around, had many a good conversation with pax as my stickers served as convo starters it seemed. Most stickers were cycling/outdoor related and a few flags from some of my favorite countries I've been to.

And of course a Manchester United sticker!

Air Cargo Carriers has a bunch of their Shorts pilots who wear the big blue Boeing 777 or 787 ID lanyards. These kids are in their early 20s. I want to go up to them and ask "seeing your lanyard, how did you like flying the 777 or 787? What happened that you are now flying a Shorts?".

When it comes to lanyards/badge holders/pens, I go with what I can steal most easily. Has nothing to do with where I have worked. Employers are typically pretty stingy with that kind of stuff when you actually work there.

And tacky stickers are not limited to just airplanes ( I put stickers on things because bags/laptops look alike, and I can more easily spot mine with the collage of death metal band stickers )

100% agreed.

Back