Flight Instructors for Iraq

ProudPilot

Aeronautics Geek
Found this online today guys:

Requisition Number 08-0840 Title Fixed Wing Simulation IP (Cessna 172) City Huntsville State AL Country United States Clearance Secret US Citizenship Req'd Yes Description WORK LOCATION: IRAQ

Summary:
This position serves in a capacity responsible for supporting the total task order performance for the standup and creation of an Iraqi Air Force Flight School (IFS) project, including but not limited to Statement of Work execution, cost and schedule performance, completion of CDRLs as prescribed and overall customer satisfaction. Any offers of employment will be contingent on Westar winning the bid competition.

Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Primary duty is to perform Fixed Wing Ground/Simulator instruction in the Cessna 172 aircraft.

2. Individual will be assigned to the Fixed Wing training platoon.

3. Additional duties include but are not limited to Program of Instruction (POI) development and coordination with the government.

4. Support the IFS project, including academic instruction, simulator device instruction, flight training (“on demand” option) and management of personnel.

5. Responsible for assisting the stand-up of an IFS training base, including the planning, coordination, schedule development, direction and control related to all technical support activities necessary to support task execution.

6. Assist in strategic program guidance and direction in support of the customer’s over arching goals, objectives and mission and as such, will ensure compliance with all management plans, policies and procedures and is responsible for assisting in the resolution of technical problems.

7. All instructors will be evaluated by USAF personnel prior to instructing in the school and will be capable of providing the following training services:
*Provide ground school academic instruction in a classroom environment to ICAO standards in accordance with the USAF-based syllabi provided. Ground school subjects will include (but are not limited to) aerodynamics, aeromedical, meteorology, flight planning, aircraft systems, instrument flight, tactical flight, etc.
*Provide cockpit familiarization training in the Cessna 172 Flight Training Device
*Provide simulated day/night instrument training in a Cessna 172 Flight Training Device

Requirements Qualifications:
1. The successful Fixed Wing IP (C172) should have a background in FAA (CFI/CFII/Instrument aviation training.

2. Candidates should have attended an FAA instructor training course.

3. The candidate must be able to perform flight instruction and check flight standardization duties satisfactorily in the Cessna 172 aircraft, all of whom must be current and qualified in the aircraft in which they will instruct, per International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) guidelines.

4. IPs must have graduated from an FAA approved fixed-wing pilot training program and have previous experience conducting entry level flight instructor duties.

5. Previous instruction in some type of military/civilian piston-engine and/or turboprop aircraft is required.

6. Must be able to pass a FAA Class II flight physical as well as random drug screenings.

Education and Experience:
1. Graduate of the FAA Instructor Pilot course with a minimum of 350 hours of flight instruction experience.

2. Former Air Force Fixed Wing Flight Instructors with experience in the USAF Flight Screening and T-6A Undergraduate Pilot Training is a plus.

3. Additional course work or participation in applicable seminars/symposia also preferred, Bachelors degree, or higher, in aviation related curriculum, would also be a plus.

Computing Skills:
1. Spreadsheets (MS Excel) excellent skills
2. Word processing (MS Word) excellent skills
3. Database software applications (MS Access or better) excellent skills
4. Microsoft Project; Primavera

Apply On-line: Apply On-line
http://www.qinetiq-nacareers.com/qinetiq/jobboard/JobDetails.aspx?__ID=*D1A19C664CFB74B8

I imagine if it's in Iraq it pays a boat load of cash. Tax free, possibly.

The downer is Iraq.

You know that age-old question of "Stranded on a desert island what would you take?"

Yeeeaaah. Little short on the 'things to do' list, that country.

I heard a while back that they were originally doing this training in the U.S. Florida maybe?

I'm sure you won't be flying over the green zone in a 172.

4. Support the IFS project, including academic instruction, simulator device instruction, flight training (“on demand” option) and management of personnel.

5. Responsible for assisting the stand-up of an IFS training base, including the planning, coordination, schedule development, direction and control related to all technical support activities necessary to support task execution.

Sounds like my dream job. Anyone who has any tips on how to apply and how to best use my contacts in logistics and contracting PM me.

I would hope that it would not be any less than 100K.

i spoke to someone over the phone about a year ago about this exact same job
the pay is a bit over a 100k a year if i recal , but work load is real heavy , up to 7 days a week and sometimes 24 hours a day ( again from what this guy was saying ) and the army will deal with you as a private contractor
good luck guys

I saw a piece when they graduated the first 3 pilots. They were in Thielert C172s with G1000. I wonder if those planes are still flying.

Just make sure if you do your homework before going to Iraq. If you think that because you are in the green zone you are safe, think again.

I spent 2 years in Afghanistan, contract work, post-military, and I was shot at, mortared, rocketed, and blown up by a suicide bomber. I knew what I was getting into before I went, so I wasnt surprised by the savagery (ok, the suicide bomber was a bit of a shock). lol

It is definately not like anywhere else...and there is no Walmart...lol.

But...it still is a cool gig for good pay.

I'd imagine the pay would be quite high. Some security firm was trying to recruit guards over there (only qualification prior military experience of any sort) for $350,000 a year plus $100k bonus. Of course, that was just one of those things that "I heard from so and so" so I don't know how true that is...

I imagine if it's in Iraq it pays a boat load of cash. Tax free, possibly.

The downer is Iraq.

You know that age-old question of "Stranded on a desert island what would you take?"

Yeeeaaah. Little short on the 'things to do' list, that country.
It's tax free for civilians if you are there for 330 days a year.

I spent 2 years in Afghanistan, contract work, post-military, and I was shot at, mortared, rocketed, and blown up by a suicide bomber. I knew what I was getting into before I went, so I wasnt surprised by the savagery (ok, the suicide bomber was a bit of a shock). lol
:yeahthat::yeahthat::yeahthat::yeahthat::yeahthat::yeahthat::yeahthat::yeahthat::yeahthat::yeahthat::yeahthat::yeahthat:

On 48 months in Iraq--think carefully, it is no joke working in this environment--very long hours, very tough work, generally unarmed (unless you're a security or State guy) very LONELY business, especially if you have a family. Another consideration is the changing political winds--they are not a changing in the direction of us being here (in Iraq) awhile longer.

Pay and benneys will be commensurate with the danger you are expected to handle. Consider that when looking at pay.

:bandit:

Back