Flight Attendant Jumpseater Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely.

Might have been "Funny, HA HA!" 15 years ago, but if someone is going to willfully contaminate a meal or a beverage because of following company procedures laid out in the FOM, oh hell baby, bring it.

Just a heads up in case you didn't know:

If you list yourself as a jumpseater and are "given a seat in the back" you are still considered a jumpseater and therefore subject to all rules concerning jumpseating, such as adhereing to the dress code and checking in with the captain. The primary reason for "checking in" is that the FAA considers you an auxillary member of the crew, even when you're in a passenger seat, and expects you to assist in the event of an emergency.

So in this scenario "having a seat in the back" vs. sitting in the actual jumpseat changes nothing, other than the possible perception of the company's image by the passengers if they saw this individual in a crew station.

I think this is important to stress. You, as a jumpseater - cabin, cockpit, or cabin jumpseat are bound by the rules. Many people consider you a non-rev if you are seated in a pax seat which is totally wrong. Having said that, I don't think the FAA is too concerned with dress, and any chief pilot or otherwise has too much time on their hands if you are doing the carpet dance for letting "Daisy Duke" ride in a pax seat. Rules are meant to be followed, I will concede that, however some rules are much more important than others. I would agree with the folks who give them the talk, ask if they have something else to wear, and probably let them ride with the knowledge that they will never do it again.

On a side note, I think the $12.50 is a pretty scumbag way to make money off of employees.

A. 0
B. Dunno, just do it?

If you must, delay goes to the gate for letting her by like that in the first place. If there must be a jumpseat process and the gate must be involved, they must do their job and do it right. Don't force me to make a decision like that when there's an easier way. If there are no other seats, then I guess she needs to read up on jumpseat policy.

I think this is important to stress. You, as a jumpseater - cabin, cockpit, or cabin jumpseat are bound by the rules. Many people consider you a non-rev if you are seated in a pax seat which is totally wrong. Having said that, I don't think the FAA is too concerned with dress, and any chief pilot or otherwise has too much time on their hands if you are doing the carpet dance for letting "Daisy Duke" ride in a pax seat. Rules are meant to be followed, I will concede that, however some rules are much more important than others. I would agree with the folks who give them the talk, ask if they have something else to wear, and probably let them ride with the knowledge that they will never do it again.

On a side note, I think the $12.50 is a pretty scumbag way to make money off of employees.

:yeahthat::yeahthat::yeahthat::yeahthat: :rolleyes:

Jump seating / none revving for pleasure is a privilege not a right.

So follow all the rules and think yourself lucky that you get to exercise this privilege - most airlines outside of the US do not allow anyone other than a crew member on duty (not positioning) / CAA etc to sit in the jump seat.

If I was Captain on this flight he/she would of been denied boarding... every time.

PW

I think this thread is demeaning to women. Just because she's a flight attendant doesn't mean she's hot. Just because she dresses like a skank doesn't mean she is one. What would you do if a guy showed up with a bare midriff? Would you let him on just once.
Men are pigs.

Ian honey come look at what these morons are saying now.

I kid I kid...kinda.

I knew it everyone! Case and point!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back