Flight Attendant Jumpseater Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would just tell the gate to list her as a non rev since there are open seats. End of FOM problem.

Don't know about where you work, but at CO, non-revs have to be dressed properly, including minors. My teenagers needed to be dressed in appropriate clothing and NOT shorts, a tank top and flip flops.

I really think THAT is the key to profitability for most airlines...hire people who give a damn. If word got out that there was an airline that had nothing but professionals, they'd be unstoppable. Gate agents who actually wanted to help, flight attendants with at least a 9th grade grasp on English grammar, pilots who wore their uniform correctly and actually didn't mind answering questions for people who have them.

We can dream, eh?

Yes we can! ;)

I think this thread is demeaning to women. Just because she's a flight attendant doesn't mean she's hot. Just because she dresses like a skank doesn't mean she is one. What would you do if a guy showed up with a bare midriff? Would you let him on just once.
Men are pigs.

Ian honey come look at what these morons are saying now.

I kid I kid...kinda.

C'mon I'm pretty sure if the woman was HOT, most of you studs would allow her on and explain the rules to her after leearing at her for a few. Doubt many older pilots would, though.
On the other side of the coin, if she was fat and ugly, you'd give her the boot. :D

In this *purely hypothetical* scenario, she was jumpseating because it costs $12.50 each way to "ride a pass", while jumpseating is free. The flight was not full, so she would be sitting in a regular passneger seat if you let her on.

The dress code for non revenue "passriders" and jumpseaters is more or less the same at said airline.

For more fun, let's say she failed to fill out the "reason for travel" portion of the jumpseat form and when you asked her about her attire she said "this was a last minute thing and I was just in rush".

I had a F/A Jumpseat issue.

I was running a full Barbie Fun Jet out of some 'burg to some 'ville (thanks Staplegun....my new favorite way to describe the "heartland") I had a gate agent come out and ask if we took FA jumps. It was a company employee. I said, "yes"

After the boarding process, I asked the gate agent, when the ppw came out, if the FA jump was still riding.

Turns out the FA was on board.

Well, I sent my FA on a search and find mission, and summoned the jumpseating FA up front.

She was dressed to stds for non-revving. I proceeded to invest the individual with proper jumpseating ettiquite. I let her stay, but she paid the "crusty CA asschewing" price for the ride.

Had a UAL CA try to pull the JS without checking in one time too....

Don't know about where you work, but at CO, non-revs have to be dressed properly, including minors. My teenagers needed to be dressed in appropriate clothing and NOT shorts, a tank top and flip flops.

The Southerjets umbrella is much more flexible than the CAL umbrella.

That would probably actually pass for southerjets in coach according to the rules. It was weird nonreving in jeans for the last few months that I humped bags for Comair, after growing up on CAL bennies.

Me? I gave a couple the bounce as a gate agent once. They had checked their clothes, so after retrieving their bag they got on the next flight. I got crap for a week for that one from the people at work.

A couple of questions:

a. How long of a delay would you take for this?
b. What if the gate says, "Oh man, what's the big deal?"

A. 0
B. Dunno, just do it?

DAL is lax on non-rev dress code

I think this thread is demeaning to women. Just because she's a flight attendant doesn't mean she's hot. Just because she dresses like a skank doesn't mean she is one. What would you do if a guy showed up with a bare midriff? Would you let him on just once.
Men are pigs.

Ian honey come look at what these morons are saying now.

I kid I kid...kinda.

I can't stop laughing.

Praise baby Jesus - mikecweb can be funny.

Give 'er the boot. No reason for a parade in front of the high brass and the CP getting to know your name because you let Malibu Stacy get dressed for beach a little early. Standards are set because they are to be met.

DAL is lax on non-rev dress code

Of course that wasn't always the case. Only recently has DL all but eliminated their dress code for NRSA pax. As a 13-year-old kid, I was almost denied boarding for not wearing a coat and tie in coach.

I was glad when they relaxed the dress code to business casual (i.e. dockers and a collared shirt); shorts and T-shirts are taking it a little too far, IMO, especially if I'm looking to sit in Bidness.

Funny, I need to wear business casual on a Q-400, but I can wear jeans on a 777 at Delta. Hmmm, go figure! Well, I never will regain respect for Colgan after Chuck C. Jr. stated that he had a family owned airline and was in no way going to sell it, only to sell it two weeks after saying that.

Funny, I need to wear business casual on a Q-400, but I can wear jeans on a 777 at Delta. Hmmm, go figure! Well, I never will regain respect for Colgan after Chuck C. Jr. stated that he had a family owned airline and was in no way going to sell it, only to sell it two weeks after saying that.

Thats not a decision that Colgan made. CAL paint, CAL rules.

If Colgan flew Q's in DAL paint you could wear jeans in those.

Reminds me of a full CRJ7 that ran not too long ago between CVG at ATL, and riding in the jumpseat was a shorts-wearing president of one of the DCI carriers.

Wearing Shorts in the flight deck jumpseat on a revenue flight- I wonder what would happen if I tried that...

I would just tell the gate to list her as a non rev since there are open seats. End of FOM problem.

Just have her take a seat in back. No need to put her in the jumpseat dressed like Daisy Duke.

I jumpseat everywhere I go and most of the time I'm simply given a seat in back (when available).

BTW our FOM allow us to wear jeans and casual attire....just not t-shirts or flip-flops.

Just have her take a seat in back. No need to put her in the jumpseat dressed like Daisy Duke.

I jumpseat everywhere I go and most of the time I'm simply given a seat in back (when available).

BTW our FOM allow us to wear jeans and casual attire....just not t-shirts or flip-flops.

Just a heads up in case you didn't know:

If you list yourself as a jumpseater and are "given a seat in the back" you are still considered a jumpseater and therefore subject to all rules concerning jumpseating, such as adhereing to the dress code and checking in with the captain. The primary reason for "checking in" is that the FAA considers you an auxillary member of the crew, even when you're in a passenger seat, and expects you to assist in the event of an emergency.

So in this scenario "having a seat in the back" vs. sitting in the actual jumpseat changes nothing, other than the possible perception of the company's image by the passengers if they saw this individual in a crew station.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back