Flight Attendant Hiring Thread

"Opened the app window to crew members..."? Pilots can apply to be F/A's before the public can?

From what I understand, anyone who works for the company has the opportunity to apply and interview before they post it on the jetblue careers page. They strongly promote hiring from within. In this case, many A/O Crew members transfer to in-flight when the opportunity exists.

A quick double post - even though that is a bit of a 'no-no' just in case you are following this thread only and not the general pilot/aviation job postings:

Pass along to all of your FA friends and colleagues that jetBlue is going to be opening the window for one day only (24 hours) on:

Sunday, July 20 // 9 a.m. EST through Monday, July 21 // 9 a.m. EST

You apply at: http://www.jetblue.com/work-here/

I have no idea what the pay is... or the QOL. New hires have been getting posted all over the system - JFK, BOS, LGB... I literally just met a whole cadre of new-hires in LGB.

I really like working at jetBlue - it's a great group of people. The inflight seem happy.

The hiring website can be a bit of a pain to navigate - so just stick with it and good luck.

----------------------------
http://forums.jetcareers.com/threads/jetblue-inflight-crewmwmbers-flight-attendants.203078/

SkyWest is almost always looking for flight attendants - see here for requirements.

We have group interviews scheduled through July and into August throughout the country; a full list can be found here.

Like ClearedForOption above, I don't know much about pay and QOL, but I can put you in touch with people who do should the need arise.

I know there hasn't been any activity on this thread for a long time, but I have a coworker who will be getting laid-off at the end of March and she is interested in being a flight attendant. I don't know what to tell her to expect as far as QOL, pay, employment opportunities, which airline is better to work for and why, etc.
She is 24 years old, tall (about 5' 10"), average build, very nice, friendly, pretty, and has a beautiful smile. She is also a US Army veteran. If anyone has any advice, information, or anything else I can give her to help her out, I would appreciate it.
Thanks

I know there hasn't been any activity on this thread for a long time, but I have a coworker who will be getting laid-off at the end of March and she is interested in being a flight attendant. I don't know what to tell her to expect as far as QOL, pay, employment opportunities, which airline is better to work for and why, etc.
She is 24 years old, tall (about 5' 10"), average build, very nice, friendly, pretty, and has a beautiful smile. She is also a US Army veteran. If anyone has any advice, information, or anything else I can give her to help her out, I would appreciate it.
Thanks
Envoy is hiring

Doubt pay is stellar, but she'd get great travel benefits, commuter hotels, commuter policy - little things that help.
Some people stay forever, some end up going to majors, some just figure out it's not their thing.

Last edited:
Thanks
Best job I ever had. The problem was, I didn't fully realize it until I was no longer in it. It's extremely competitive on the major airline level. It's not something you're guaranteed to get, sometimes you have to keep trying. I tired four times at the regional level before I was hired. It took me eight tries to get hired at a major airline. Major airlines in general have better long term career potential. At the airline I flew for, 50 years seniority was fairly common, no exaggeration. Regional airlines aren't so great in terms of longevity, but generally you'll hold better lines, be based in cheaper cities, and have the opportunity to pick up tons of open time. As far as pay, first year or two can be rough, but you do top out fairly quickly (usually between 8-11 years depending on airline). Top out pay is, in my humble opinion, very decent for the type of work. If you fly for an airline with good open time, trade, and pickup rules, you can really rake in extra pay very quickly. Most airline CBAs are accessible online with a Google search if you're interested in specifics. QOL is a more complicated question. You'll hear it said that flying is a lifestyle and that is very much the truth. You really have to love it and depending on individual tolerances, your mileage will vary. Any specific questions on either regional or mainline, I'd be happy to answer! :)

I'm in the middle of the interview process for Hawaiian airlines (final interview scheduled for next week). I've heard, but unsure of how true this is, so hoping for some insight. Is it true new FA only get 60-80 hrs/month the first few years? I can't find anywhere in the job posting stating how many hrs you get. I assumed it was FT but now hearing otherwise. Also, during the 8 week training are you still competing for a spot? I understand if you don't pass because of something you fail to complete, but is it possible to still get "cut" like you're still interviewing for less spaces than there are people? I've been trying to research as much as I can before going into my final interview so I know what to ask, if anyone has anything they can share for someone looking to begin a FA career I'm all ears! Thank you!

Southwest will be posting for Flight attendants May 13th 2021. Open only to California residents. Keep an eye out for it.

Back