Flight Attendant Hiring Thread

Spirit was hiring, I don't know if they still are. Cathay Pacific is accepting applications but not currently hiring for SFO and LAX based American flight attendants.

According to Indeed.com (which is a great resource for job-hunting and forums), Pinnacle is hiring as well.

I noticed on the SkyWest website, they only hire applicants who attend their job fair. Is this common for regional airlines? I'm unable to attend the career fairs, and I'm just wondering if airlines regularly call back external applicants not located in a base city.

I think Atlas is hiring FAs still for the 2 VIP 747-400s to fly IAH-Angola. Living in IAH is a plus.

That is the entire extent of my knowledge.

Apologies

Hi everyone! I've found this thread/section very interesting. any updates on airlines that are hiring? Im fluent in Spanish.
Thanks,

Check out the links in the posts above, and see if they're still open!

Being bi-lingual is usually a huge asset, and something to be sure to note on your app!

USAirways is hiring. From what I understand, classes start sometime this spring once the recall list has been exhausted. Bases will be CLT, DCA, or PHL, I believe.

ALASKA AIRLINES' STORY

Alaska Airlines is one of the most respected names in aviation and flies throughout its namesake state and the Lower 48, as well as to Hawaii, Canada and Mexico. Our roots date to 1932 and are symbolized by the Eskimo painted on the tails of our aircraft. Guided by what we call the "Alaska Spirit", we pride ourselves on providing a lifeline to remote communities while delivering renowned service to everyone we fly. This commitment has brought us national and international recognition: Alaska has ranked "highest in customer satisfaction among traditional network carriers" in J.D. Power and Associates' North America Airline Satisfaction Study for the past three years. We've also been honored with a variety of awards by readers of Travel + Leisure, Conde Nast Traveler, USA Today and others. Alaska is the dominant West Coast airline and, together with its sister carrier Horizon Air, flies to more than 90 destinations. The two airlines are subsidiaries of Alaska Air Group Inc. (NYSE:ALK) with annual revenues of $3.5 billion.

POSITION INFORMATION

***PLEASE ONLY APPLY TO ONE JOB POSTING TO AVOID DISQUALIFICATION***
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Knowledge of and full compliance to all safety regulations
-Insure all safety equipment on aircraft is in working order
- Greet passengers, assist with seating assignments, and carry on baggage stowage and security
- Explain and demonstrate use of safety equipment and emergency procedures
- Prepare and serve meals and beverages, including alcohol
- Effectively market onboard products such as meals and inflight movies, and submit sales reports
- Calmly resolve passenger situations during flight, including medical emergencies
- Answer questions regarding flight operations and offer destination information
- Other duties as assigned
- Embody the Alaska Spirit and conduct oneself with Professionalism, Integrity, Resourcefulness and Caring

QUALIFICATIONS
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- US citizen or registered alien with the legal right to accept employment
- Minimum age of 21
- At least 2 years of customer or community service experience required
- Able to reach 80 vertical inches while wearing shoes and/or standing on your toes
- Able to swim 90 feet assisted with a life vest
- Able to relocate to any of our flight attendant bases: Los Angeles, Seattle or Anchorage
- Flexible to work varied schedules, including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Posses and/or obtain and maintain a current passport with unlimited access in and out of the U.S.
- Able to attend 5-6 weeks of unpaid training in Seattle if selected
- Able to demonstrate the physical ability to perform the duties of a flight attendant
- Must possess adaptability to perform a variety of duties, dealing with people, and performing effectively under stress
- Uncompromising dedication to safety

THE LOCATION

The base assignment for this position is in either Seattle or Anchorage. Selected candidates must be willing to accept a domicile base in either location.
***Interviews for this position will be held in Anchorage, AK. You must be willing and able to provide transportation to and from the interview at your own expense. Thank you.***

OUR CULTURE - ALASKA AIRLINES

For eligible employees, our company offers a unique total rewards package that few companies can match, including insurance coverage for medical, dental and vision care, 401(k) retirement savings plans, monthly and annual incentive bonus plans, time off and a generous employee travel program. Each day, we are guided by our core values of Professionalism, Caring, Resourcefulness, Integrity and Alaska Spirit at work and in our communities. Alaska Airlines also fosters a diverse and inclusive culture and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.

POSTING INFORMATION

Please apply on or before: Saturday, February 11, 2012

https://careers.alaskaair.com/Alaska-CareerOps.asp

Back