Flexjet 2500TT 500 MULTI 500 TURBINE

What is the schedule? 7on/7off? 8on/6off, etc.?

I can't answer that with any certainty, but probably something along those lines or possibly a little shorter, yes. When I was there, we had PBS but I believe they went to a line bidding system sometime after the layoffs in 2009. Haven't really heard much about it.

Has anyone heard anything? Call? E-mail?

I don't know if any calls have gone out to anyone who isn't a former employee, but I doubt it yet. That said, I don't think it will take long to get through the list of the 85 layoffs and hiring "off the street" to start. I'd be surprised if more than half go back. 4+ years is a long time- I know lots of people like myself found/moved for other jobs, some hung it up altogether, and some probably aren't current (need to be to go back). Besides that, the last time they "recalled" a year or so ago, the recalled group was only on line for a few months before being unceremoniously laid off again. THAT is the main reason that I'm not going back and I suspect some of the others feel the same. I would strongly caution anyone considering leaving anything remotely resembling a decent job to keep that in mind.

Last edited:
Ya, I'm on the fence personally about them...I'd go to an interview but it would then depend on what kind of vibe I got during the experience. No calls here yet.

I have not check in here at JC in a long time but i may be able to answer a few of the questions about FlexJet. Hiring: They have recalled all the guys from the 2012 furlough that wanted it and they have interviewed and rehired all that they wanted from the 2008 furloughees. (2008 guys had recall rights for 2 years) They are hiring off the street. In the past Internal recs made all the difference. No telling yet on this round of hiring. Bases: You pick your base. There is no seniority involved in this. You are responsible for reporting to you base on your work days. They technically have you from midnight on day one. Reality is that you receive your assignment for day 1 the evening before. Most guys that don't live in their base drive in the night before in case of changes to the initial assignment, others are brave and try to time it from home. That could get you in trouble in my opinion but that is what happens. Schedule: They build schedules around an average yield. Meaning they decide how many days they need the pilot group to average for each of the 13 bid periods and the average number of work days will hit that. Right now we are averaging 15.5 days per 28. (Some guys want 18 days and some want 14) How those 15.5 days are put together is what we bid on. Unless you are trying to bid on something weird you will get trips of 4 to 6 days with 3 to 4 days off between. (Sometimes you get more days off in a row but never less) Thing to remember is we are paid a daily rate with hourly overtime after 12 hours. The number of days you work will greatly effect your yearly income.

I think that is all the questions that have been asked in the thread. I will try to check back and see what else pops up.

Have applied, and keep getting emails from Bombardier about various non-flying jobs in Richardson, TX, but no call yet for anything flying related :(

Trying to figure out how one can apply for a pilot position in Texas and then receive job available notifications for a janitor in Atlanta!

Bombarier web site has issues................

I can beat that. When I was working for Flex, I got an automated "thanks but no thanks" letter after I had been on the line for about two months... :D

Back