Flexjet 2500TT 500 MULTI 500 TURBINE

planejay

I am a little surprised this hasn't been posted yet. I do not know much about the company, I just wanted to share the opportunity. Good Luck!!

JOB POSTING

First Officer

Apply now »
Bombardier
Date: Aug 2, 2013
First Officer-RIC00209

Description

FIRST OFFICER PILOT

REQUISITION NUMBER: RIC00209

Description

At Bombardier, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we'll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.

Your ideas move people.

Flexjet by Bombardier provides exceptional private travel experiences for the world’s most successful people. Each distinct owner experience is driven by the passion and expertise of our in-house travel experts. Based in Richardson, Texas, all of us at Flexjet strive to be a true partner for each owner, customizing every facet of every trip through our broad portfolio of products, from fractional jet ownership to jet cards and charter brokerage services. Because we are part of the Bombardier family, we manage an exclusive collection of high-performance Learjet* and Challenger* aircraft, some of the youngest and fastest in the fractional jet industry.

The Flexjet 25 Jet Card program is operated under Part 135 by U.S. air carrier Jet Solutions, LLC. Flexjet acts as an agent for Jet Solutions, LLC, in connection with the Flexjet 25 Jet Card program. Flexjet acts as an agent for the customer for the on-demand charter brokerage program in arranging transportation operated under Part 135 by U.S. air carriers.

Position Summary: The First Officer assists the Captain in piloting the assigned Flexjet aircraft for both domestic and international flights, providing a safe flight during their scheduled rotation. Acts as a flight crewmember agent for JSLLC on FAR Part 135 trips. Ensures every trip provides an exceptional travel experience to Flexjet owners.

In your role, you will:

- Functionally responsible to the Pilot-in-Command on all flights.
- Perform all First Officer duties and any specific duties assigned by the PIC.
- Maintain a high degree of crew coordination, performing duties in a professional, efficient, and cordial manner at all times.
- Maintain a current First Class medical certificate as required by the Company and notifies their Assistant Chief Pilot if a medical (physical or mental) condition may impair their ability to perform the flight.
- Responsible to the Assistant Chief Pilot for duty assignments and training.
- Greet the passengers and assist with passenger seating and luggage storage.
- Conduct the passenger briefings as needed
- Assist with emergency evacuations.
- Adhere to the duties and responsibilities outlined in the Crew Flight Manual and Flight Deck Handbook.
- Perform other duties as assigned.

CB1

Qualifications

QUALIFICATIONS:

As our ideal candidate,

- You have 2500 hrs. total flight time, 500 hrs. multi-engine time, and 500 hrs. turbine time.
- You hold a current 1st Class Medical certificate.
- You hold an Airline Transport Pilot license.
- You are able to report to assigned domicile within 1-½ hours of contact.

We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at http://www.flexjet.com/company/careers/.

Your ideas move people.

Flexjet by Bombardier is an Equal Opportunity Employer Dedicated to Affirmative Action and Workforce Diversity.

Job: Airplane Pilot
Primary Location: US-TX-Richardson

Zip Code US
Organization: Flexjet
Schedule: Full-time
Employee Status: Regular

Job Posting:
02.08.2013, 2:28:00 PM

Nearest Major Market: Dallas
Nearest Secondary Market: Fort Worth
Job Segment: Aviation

They still have pilots on furlough, so I'm surprised they are hiring?!

I heard early last week that all had been offered a recall and they were going to be hiring soon (simply what I heard, not confirmed), that was what lead me to their site. I previously looked for at their site on Tuesday, appears the job was posted Friday. I am not certain if they still have guys on the street or not, I don't believe I know anyone at the company. If there are still furloughs then we can agree this is BS. Just chose to share the job posting.

Those pilots are well past the two year recall rights. They have preferential hiring but won't get the recall. They are hiring.

I'd do some pretty serious digging as to how the furloughs went down/how the furloughees were treated before I applied. I flew with a guy who was furloughed from Flexjet like four years ago (meaning I flew with him four years ago, God knows when his furlough was). His basic vibe was it was a pretty good job while it lasted, but they threw every possible bodypart under the bus when things got nasty. And they stayed under the bus for many, many years...

Spoke with two of the pilots today. They both seemed happy(ish) and said they were treated fairly well. They also said 16 of 20 guys came back during recalls. That said the most of all the things the guys had to say.

I applied. Fingers crossed.

Sadly, I've no idea. Way above my paygrade. My info is what I heard from a slightly angry dude 4 or 5 years ago. TIFWIW.
Thanks for the info, something on APC made me wonder. I think its kind of like home basing but not. They just airline you to the plane from your specified base it sounds like.

I'm one of the 3/09 furloughs... I can give some more general info later when I'm not on my phone but in the meantime if anyone has any specific questions, post them here and I'll answer to the best of my ability. I really, really enjoyed my time there, and it's been a tough decision, but I'm not planning on trying to go back right now.

Back