First successful 121 interview!

middies10

Still have the adrenaline pumping after having the offer/decline meeting with the the Chief Pilot and his staff at Horizon Air. The waiting to be called in the conference room was palm sweating. It was a tough and challenging day but being handed the Horizon Air ball cap was an incredible feeling.

Sorry, had to tell someone!!

PS. Should have mentioned that I have still just shy of their minimums. Hoping to make the decision around the New Year. Thanks for the congrats guys!

Last edited:
Still have the adrenaline pumping after having the offer/decline meeting with the the Chief Pilot and his staff at Horizon Air. The waiting to be called in the conference room was palm sweating. It was a tough and challenging day but being handed the Horizon Air ball cap was an incredible feeling.

Sorry, had to tell someone!!
Awesome!!! Congrats and if you need help getting ready for training, let me know.

Welcome to our fun/disfunctional at times family!

Glad to have yet another one under me on the list!

Gratz! Horizon Air always seemed to have a good group with their heads in the right place. Enjoy the upper Northwest!

Horizon gives away ball caps to their selected folks?

That's pretty cool. Nice way to begin the company culture indoctrination (no sarcasm; really smart move on their part).

Or...

"Welcome! Before we give you a class date, we need you to refinance your student loan debt with our Delaware Holding company please. Thank you!"

Very frustrated with this place. Thanks to their TDY shenanigans, not sure if I'll be able to hold thanksgiving off.

I saw that.

Crickets from both sides about it as well...

#notsurprised. Sorry man.

They didn't even email the IAD pilots about it until after it was done.

I was flying with an ATL reserve guy this week and he said "I'm really hoping to get one of the TDY spots to IAD for next month."

He seemed shocked when I was like "yeah, prepare to be disliked by everyone up here." I'm all for seniority deciding things, but if you want to have a better schedule by being based in IAD, bid IAD.

I agree Joe. Unfortunately, a lot of other people in "leadership" positions do not.

I found out about it yesterday morning from one of your fellow IAD pilots. I'm outraged, but alas, I am no one and the people that should be outraged, don't really care.

I agree Joe. Unfortunately, a lot of other people in "leadership" positions do not.

I found out about it yesterday morning from one of your fellow IAD pilots. I'm outraged, but alas, I am no one and the people that should be outraged, don't really care.

Yeah, as long as its in the contract, not really anything we can do about it.

Heard that line before huh?

In reality, if you build a positive relationship with your company counterparts, you might be surprised at how far just an amicable relationship can take something. Especially in changing the philosophy of our crew support department. Just because its not in our contract is no excuse for subrogating the seniority of pilots - ever - much less with no warning. Or, how about we have a pilot on our seniority list that has never attended new hire training...or flown a day out on the line...or gone through anything else the rest of us have had to go through to earn a paycheck, and a spot on our seniority list...

Food for thought.

Back