First successful 121 interview!

Very true.

Sorry to get distracted in your thread Middies, congrats on the new gig! Sounds like a pretty fun environment to fly!

Congrats! I'd love to get on with Horizon eventually.

Kind of off topic, but what is their most junior base right now? Medford?

Thanks guys, really appreciate it! I have to pick between XJT and Horizon. Any thoughts? We are speaking about classes in January to February though so alot of things can obviously change.

Congrats! I'd love to get on with Horizon eventually.

Kind of off topic, but what is their most junior base right now? Medford?

Pretty sure its either Medford or Eugene. Seems new guys are going to the new ANC base. Thats what some of the other people I interviewed with were told.

Thanks guys, really appreciate it! I have to pick between XJT and Horizon. Any thoughts? We are speaking about classes in January to February though so alot of things can obviously change.

Pretty sure its either Medford or Eugene. Seems new guys are going to the new ANC base. Thats what some of the other people I interviewed with were told.

This thread should tell you everything you need to know... XJT's management in ATL is about as competent as congress. Go to QX.. You will love your life much more.. And pick EUG if possible. Medford is not a nice place and EUG is a pretty cool college town. Go Ducks!

Ok, just some clarification...I don't know about this "hat" thing, I never got a hat. @pete2800 , @pdxcfi , did y'all get a hat?

MFR - Junior
ANC - Junior
GEG- Junior-ish
BOI - Junior-ish
SEA - Senior
PDX - More senior

There is no EUG base, if there was I would have started a fire from SEA down I-5 by how fast I was driving to get there.

Horizon, without a doubt.

Ok, just some clarification...I don't know about this "hat" thing, I never got a hat. @pete2800 , @pdxcfi , did y'all get a hat?

MFR - Junior
ANC - Junior
GEG- Junior-ish
BOI - Junior-ish
SEA - Senior
PDX - More senior

There is no EUG base, if there was I would have started a fire from SEA down I-5 by how fast I was driving to get there.

Ah yes... Dude I would have probably considered QX with an EUG base... Could totally live there.

MFR - Junior
ANC - Junior
GEG- Junior-ish
BOI - Junior-ish
SEA - Senior
PDX - More senior

I didn't get a hat. I'm going to go make a stop by the CP's office in PDX and throw a tantrum until I get one.

And yeah, this breakdown of the bases is accurate. SEA is SLLLLLLOOOOOWWWWLLLLYYY becoming more junior. I have 1 year and 10 months in, and the guy just above on the list is in SEA as of this bid. I'm the next one to go back, unless anyone changes their bid.

If the movement we've seen this summer continues, QX will be a pretty decent place to be in the next few years. Between May 9 and the first of October, we lost 33 pilots. In Horizon Air numbers, consider the fact that there were ZERO people hired between 2008 and 2011.

@middies10 .... are you an UNDie? I thought I saw on a schedule that we'd have some people there this week. I wasn't sure if they were interviewing or what.

And Luke. Maybe only UND alum get a hat. Haha

I didn't get a hat. I'm going to go make a stop by the CP's office in PDX and throw a tantrum until I get one.

And yeah, this breakdown of the bases is accurate. SEA is SLLLLLLOOOOOWWWWLLLLYYY becoming more junior. I have 1 year and 10 months in, and the guy just above on the list is in SEA as of this bid. I'm the next one to go back, unless anyone changes their bid.

If the movement we've seen this summer continues, QX will be a pretty decent place to be in the next few years. Between May 9 and the first of October, we lost 33 pilots. In Horizon Air numbers, consider the fact that there were ZERO people hired between 2008 and 2011.

@middies10 .... are you an UNDie? I thought I saw on a schedule that we'd have some people there this week. I wasn't sure if they were interviewing or what.

And Luke. Maybe only UND alum get a hat. Haha

Ya, I am a UND'er. They picked up 9 of 12 people that interviewed.

Any idea on the average time spent on reserve? I've been told its somewhere around two years. I was planning on commuting to reserve with whichever carrier i decide but Medford would be TOUGH. LaMar seemed to think that that 13yr upgrade time will be dropping very soon to the average of 5-6yrs that you see with most carriers. @SurferLucas

Last edited:
@pete2800 , you've been here less than 2 years...damn son, get more senior! Haha, I can't wait till you're back in Seattle...mainly because I'll move up another # ;)

@middies10 , where are you going to be commuting from? Is moving an option? If so, I would highly suggest moving to a base to start with. MFR, BOI and GEG all have early shows and late arrivals. That SUCKS for commuting because you're always going to be coming in a day early or staying a night after. If you're ok with that, then by all means, commute. I'm going into my 3rd year of commuting full time from ATL to Seattle, but I've had coverage or lines to work with. Pure reserve lines don't get you the flexibility you need to commute effectively.

I say come here, QX has it's fair share of problems like every other regional airline has...but I can promise you're going to have fun and you're going to do "fun flying". When you're having a bad day of delays, plane swaps, broken planes, broken crew members, etc...then you fly the Bay Visual into Seattle and you can see clear up to Canada...it makes it worth it.

UPS has 7am flights non-stop from GEG to DSM and DFW three days a week, with a few connections here and there. The inbounds come in about 430pm. Very few jumpseaters on those flights.

Any of you guys know about their policies on re-interviewing? I kind of blew it, well, rather didn't impress. Nerves and all that jazz. Didn't have any 135/121 experience then either, but now I do (two jobs currently lol).
Question is: they said they'd keep my resume, and if the cp feels that it's of interest to the company, I will get a call. Anyone hear anything similar? What helps at this point? This was prob over six months ago, a lot of things have happened since, hard to remember the exact dates. I'm at 2300tt, 1100me, little turbine time, and otherwise ATP mins.

Thank you all!

And congrats on the job, horizon hat guy! :)

Back