First solo x-country!!!

ahsmatt7

I am about to embark on my first solo x-country. The flight is one way is 55 miles. I'm so excited. I will share my experience with all of you when i get back from the flight.

-Matt

WOW! MY first solo x-country was flippin amazing. I took some pictures and ill try to post them when i get a chance. The funny thing was though, when i returned home and went to fill her up, when i was done and tried to start her back up, she wouldnt start! I gave up and pulled the thing a couple hundred yards to a safe parking spot.

I finally feel like im getting somewhere in my training. One very small step towards my career...hopefully....One giant learning experience!
-matt

WOW! MY first solo x-country was flippin amazing. I took some pictures and ill try to post them when i get a chance. The funny thing was though, when i returned home and went to fill her up, when i was done and tried to start her back up, she wouldnt start! I gave up and pulled the thing a couple hundred yards to a safe parking spot.

I finally feel like im getting somewhere in my training. One very small step towards my career...hopefully....One giant learning experience!
-matt

If it was a newer 172 than it is fuel injected. Did you try the hotstart procedure? Congrats on the solo x-c. Now on to the long one.

-matt

Congrats!! :rawk:

If it was a newer 172 than it is fuel injected. Did you try the hotstart procedure? Congrats on the solo x-c. Now on to the long one.
lol i wish i was in the newer 172s. I am flying a 172K 1969. It has a carburetor.

-matt

Haha, solo XC right into the 210! Seems like a logical jump ;) I'm just trying to get my HP endorsement so I can fly our 182!
hahahah only in my dreams:D lol. Would me getting my HP/complex checkout right after my PPL be a waste of money and time?

My first XC, I was "talked" to by the FBO guy in Hayes, KS cause I extended my downwind for traffic landing the cross runway. He said I could've hit someone! Whatever! Oh that and I was doing my touch and go in Hutchinson and lined up for 18 when I was cleared for 13... Oops!

My first XC, I was "talked" to by the FBO guy in Hayes, KS cause I extended my downwind for traffic landing the cross runway. He said I could've hit someone! Whatever! Oh that and I was doing my touch and go in Hutchinson and lined up for 18 when I was cleared for 13... Oops!
it was your first...we all make mistakes...im sure ill make plenty along the years.

Back