First solo x-country!!!

lol i wish i was in the newer 172s. I am flying a 172K 1969. It has a carburetor.

-matt

Don't even worry about that. Stick to the steam gauges while you are starting out......all this glass cockpit BS only teaches bad habits and reliance on computers rather than learning the fundamentals

(<---- says the glass cockpit pilot)

But I kid you not, I have done BNAS wet compass turns in a high performance jet with no other aids to navigation, and I would not have learned that stuff had I been born to this aviation world on a G1000. Those 196x light singles teach you way more than we all give them credit for. :clap:good work my friend, congrats on the ccx and here's to many many more!

Don't even worry about that. Stick to the steam gauges while you are starting out......all this glass cockpit BS only teaches bad habits and reliance on computers rather than learning the fundamentals

(<---- says the glass cockpit pilot)

But I kid you not, I have done BNAS wet compass turns in a high performance jet with no other aids to navigation, and I would not have learned that stuff had I been born to this aviation world on a G1000. Those 196x light singles teach you way more than we all give them credit for. :clap:good work my friend, congrats on the ccx and here's to many many more!
I'm excited and i cant wait.....after the flight its made me really want to become a CFI. My instructor was truly happy for me. I love helping people with aviation wether its helping someone to study or just answering questions someone may have. Idk i think it would be fun to see someone grow in the aviation world and know that you were the one who helped them.

I remember mine as well.. scud running through a ceiling of about 2000 and flying along the coast to find my way back home while missing all my checkpoints... lol good times..

^^ Nice! Mine accidentally was flown through a snow shower, and then culminated in a failed alternator which eventually led to a nordo VFR recovery back at home field. Fun times for that 18 yr old kid :D

Fun huh? Mine was to Modesto, I loved it. I was so excited to be landing next to a Brasilia, I'm such a nerd.

im still on my high right now. Its pretty insane that all you guys' solo XC's were more entertaining than mine. Only problem i had was that it was bumpy as hell....and thats not really a problem.

Congrats!

Mine was pretty uneventful. I turned upwind thinking I was downwind calling it to. I realized it, corrected to upwind then I hear "Oh, was wondering where you were (laughing in background)."

Back